Archiving Project in QuartusII

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by ALuPin, Oct 6, 2004.

  1. ALuPin

    ALuPin Guest

    Hi,

    I have the following problem:

    When I archive my project on disk H
    there are user libraries defined for the project which are
    also on H.

    When I run the .qar-file everything is ok (I have copied the archived
    project to disk E). But how can I manage that the user libraries are
    not linked to H anymore?
    I mean if I want to safe a running system and make some tests on the
    design on H or on the user libraries on H then I would not have the
    original design anymore.

    That is how can I freeze everything of the original design?

    I would appreciate your help.

    Rgds

    ALuPin, Oct 6, 2004

  2. ALuPin

    Ken Smith Guest

    In article <>,
    ALuPin <> wrote:
    >Hi,
    >
    >I have the following problem:
    >
    >When I archive my project on disk H
    >there are user libraries defined for the project which are
    >also on H.
    >
    >When I run the .qar-file everything is ok (I have copied the archived
    >project to disk E). But how can I manage that the user libraries are
    >not linked to H anymore?
    >I mean if I want to safe a running system and make some tests on the
    >design on H or on the user libraries on H then I would not have the
    >original design anymore.
    >
    >That is how can I freeze everything of the original design?

    You could just make a copy of the whole directory tree so you save every
    file involved.

    Obviously you have to save the source *.vhd files. You also have to save
    the *.qar and the *.acf (I think).

    If you copy them back in, you have to "touch" them so that they are newer
    than the compiled results. If you don't Quartus may not recompile them.

    forging knowledge

    Ken Smith, Oct 8, 2004