Archiving Project in QuartusII

ALuPin

Hi,

I have the following problem:

When I archive my project on disk H
there are user libraries defined for the project which are
also on H.

When I run the .qar-file everything is ok (I have copied the archived
project to disk E). But how can I manage that the user libraries are
not linked to H anymore?
I mean if I want to safe a running system and make some tests on the
design on H or on the user libraries on H then I would not have the
original design anymore.

That is how can I freeze everything of the original design?

I would appreciate your help.

Rgds

Ken Smith

Hi,

I have the following problem:

When I archive my project on disk H
there are user libraries defined for the project which are
also on H.

When I run the .qar-file everything is ok (I have copied the archived
project to disk E). But how can I manage that the user libraries are
not linked to H anymore?
I mean if I want to safe a running system and make some tests on the
design on H or on the user libraries on H then I would not have the
original design anymore.

That is how can I freeze everything of the original design?

You could just make a copy of the whole directory tree so you save every
file involved.

Obviously you have to save the source *.vhd files. You also have to save
the *.qar and the *.acf (I think).

If you copy them back in, you have to "touch" them so that they are newer
than the compiled results. If you don't Quartus may not recompile them.