    Is the Error number for either BOF or EOF errors always 800a0bcd???

    my plan is to do a responce.redirect if it exists...

    Thanks Guys
    GTN170777, Feb 28, 2008

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed =?Utf-8?B?R1ROMTcwNzc3?=
    <> writing in

    > Hi All,
    >
    > Just a brief question, I'm happy to say that Google is indexing my
    > work, unfortunatley, they are also showing records that point to pages
    > where the content has expired. I really dont want the user to see an
    > "Either BOF or EOF" error message, or infact to know that there has
    > been an error, instead i want to redirect them to the homepage,..
    > which brings about my question,...
    >
    > Is the Error number for either BOF or EOF errors always 800a0bcd???
    >
    > my plan is to do a responce.redirect if it exists...
    >
    > Thanks Guys

    You are correct in not wanting visitors to see errors, so bring up the
    error yourself, and correct as needed.

    Maybe something like:

    if rs.EOF then
    'give the user some message, no records found, etc.
    else
    'show the records
    end if

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services
    Adrienne Boswell, Feb 28, 2008

  3. GTN170777

    Jeff Dillon Guest

    You should not redirect on a EOF or BOF. They should be handled elegantly in
    code

    Jeff

    Jeff Dillon, Feb 28, 2008