Are All "Either BOF or EOF is True" Errors coded number 800a0bcd

GTN170777

Hi All,

Just a brief question, I'm happy to say that Google is indexing my work,
unfortunatley, they are also showing records that point to pages where the
content has expired. I really dont want the user to see an "Either BOF or
EOF" error message, or infact to know that there has been an error, instead
i want to redirect them to the homepage,.. which brings about my question,...

Is the Error number for either BOF or EOF errors always 800a0bcd???

my plan is to do a responce.redirect if it exists...

Thanks Guys

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed =?Utf-8?B?R1ROMTcwNzc3?=
Hi All,

Just a brief question, I'm happy to say that Google is indexing my
work, unfortunatley, they are also showing records that point to pages
where the content has expired. I really dont want the user to see an
"Either BOF or EOF" error message, or infact to know that there has
been an error, instead i want to redirect them to the homepage,..
which brings about my question,...

Is the Error number for either BOF or EOF errors always 800a0bcd???

my plan is to do a responce.redirect if it exists...

Thanks Guys

You are correct in not wanting visitors to see errors, so bring up the
error yourself, and correct as needed.

Maybe something like:

if rs.EOF then
'give the user some message, no records found, etc.
else
'show the records
end if

Jeff Dillon

You should not redirect on a EOF or BOF. They should be handled elegantly in
code

Jeff