Are application web.config files cumulative when there are multiple applications?

Gery D. Dorazio

Hi,

For a web application if I have various <location> authorizations set in the
web.config file in the root directory and then also have another application
in one of the subdirectories with its own web.config file which then also
has <location> tags, do these work together for determining the
authorization of the first app down into the directories of the second app?
Or is it because there is a new application defined in the sub-directory
that the first app configuration authorizations would not propagate?

Maybe asked another way, does the authorization mechanism only depend on the
settings in web.config files or is it also affected by having multiple
applications on the site?

Thanks,
Gery

--