are DLLs needed to run glade interfaces in python with Windows?

Fernando

Hi,
I've a .glade file with a little interface I made. I've managed to
load it from a python script, using pyGTK, but the only way it succeed
was copying into the same directory the "libxml2.dll" and
"libglade-2.0.0.dll" files.

I think you only need to install theese as packages in Linux, but I'm
using Windows and I'm wondering if this is a must using it, or if
there are ways much cleaner that simply start dropping DLLs inside the
directory...

Thanks.

stefan.eletzhofer

Hi,
I've a .glade file with a little interface I made. I've managed to
load it from a python script, using pyGTK, but the only way it succeed
was copying into the same directory the "libxml2.dll" and
"libglade-2.0.0.dll" files.

I think you only need to install theese as packages in Linux, but I'm
using Windows and I'm wondering if this is a must using it, or if
there are ways much cleaner that simply start dropping DLLs inside the
directory...

IMHO that's actually the _only_ sane way on windows to deploy DLLs. The
other option you have is to put them in %SYSTEM32% or whatever environment
variable it was on that platform. But once you start to drop DLLs _outside_
your App's install directory, you _can't_ simply move the installation directory
somewhere else (read: another computer).

Hope that helps,
Stefan