    taboo/the old way of doing things?

    Thanks,
    Ron

    Ronald S. Cook, May 4, 2008

  2. I don't see anything wrong in using frames. Especially if they are already
    there and work.

    --
    Eliyahu Goldin,
    Software Developer

    Eliyahu Goldin, May 4, 2008

  3. Ronald S. Cook

    bruce barker Guest

    no, iframes are very in with ajax. see the google toolkit and others.
    using iframes can prevent out of memory errors for pages that use lots
    of ajax calls.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, May 5, 2008
  4. Ronald S. Cook

    darrel Guest

    > And, of course, the user can navigate around other frames without
    > disrupting what is playing in the frame that contains the player.
    >
    > What am I supposed to use to get this functionality these days if frames
    > are taboo/the old way of doing things?

    That's probably the one remaining legitimate use of frames.

    The 'taboo' is when people use frames to separate navigation from the
    content, or annoying things like 'faking' the URL or keeping background
    sound playing while browsing.

    -Darrel

    darrel, May 5, 2008