    How do you handle this?

    --
    Daniel

    Daniel, Nov 22, 2003

  2. There are five of us working on ASP.NET projects very successfully using
    Visual SourceSafe. For the most part, we followed the pattern described
    here:

    Team Development with Visual Studio .NET and Visual SourceSafe

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnbda/html/tdlg_ch7.asp

    There are two rules that we enforce when working with multiple developers:

    1. No one keeps the project file checked out. (It prevents others from
    adding files.)
    2. No one checks in anything that doesn't compile. It doesn't need to be
    complete but it must compile. (Otherwise, people can't test their pages
    after getting the latest version.)

    "Daniel" <> wrote in message
    > How does ASP.Net handle multiple developers? Do you use Source Safe?
    >
    > In classic ASP it wasn't really an issue because the site did not need to

    be
    > built prior to viewing/running. However, now if I'm in the middle of
    > something and a coworker wants to test the changes he's made to another

    part
    > of the site, he'll get build errors until my code is ready to run, won't

    he?

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Nov 22, 2003

  3. Daniel

    Jim Corey Guest

    There's a discussion about this at www.angrycoder.com.
    Look for the article on ASP.NET deployment.

    Jim Corey, Nov 22, 2003