are poor people the only ones who have their own web servers?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by David, Oct 24, 2007.

  1. David

    David Guest

    i bought a domain from aplus.net (****-godaddy.com; can't say i was
    surprised that i couldn't register it through godaddy..). anyway,
    then i started getting emails from Sam Rooney <> trying
    to sell me a hosting package. i run my own server, and kept telling
    him i didn't need the service. then he decided to say this:

    People with high incomes can afford paying for a dedicated server.
    Their time is precious and they do not get their hands dirty for doing
    something manually. People with low incomes can not afford paying for
    a server, and that is why they think of various excuses to justify
    hosting a website at home.
    If you have money, you will purchase a dedicated server.

    i'm posting this all over the place on web design and server admin
    groups. feel free to tell Mr. Rooney that money doesn't equate to
    needing a third-party to host a website. :)

    theneonlobster

    David, Oct 24, 2007