    I mean Aspect-Oriented Programming.
    If any please give me some of links.
    Thanks a lot.
    steve, Aug 3, 2006

  2. steve

    hiaips Guest

    steve wrote:
    > I mean Aspect-Oriented Programming.
    > If any please give me some of links.
    > Thanks a lot.

    See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspect-oriented_programming.
    There is a list of AOP implementations for a number of languages
    (including Python) near the bottom of the page.

    --hiaips
    hiaips, Aug 3, 2006

  3. steve

    Kay Schluehr Guest

    Kay Schluehr, Aug 3, 2006
  4. Alexandre Fayolle, Aug 4, 2006
  5. In article <>,
    hiaips <> wrote:
    >steve wrote:
    >> I mean Aspect-Oriented Programming.
    >> If any please give me some of links.
    >> Thanks a lot.

    >See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspect-oriented_programming.
    >There is a list of AOP implementations for a number of languages
    >(including Python) near the bottom of the page.
    >
    >--hiaips

    Several follow-ups have provided useful references to AOP
    with Python. I'd emphasize that Python *needs* AOP less
    than do Java and C++.
    Cameron Laird, Aug 6, 2006
  6. In article <>, I teased:
    .
    .
    .
    >with Python. I'd emphasize that Python *needs* AOP less
    >than do Java and C++.

    I've been asked in private e-mail if I "mean that Python is
    aspect-oriented from its beginning."

    Yes.

    Well, yes and no. And also, I'm not sure. My personal sum-
    mary is that aspect orientation is largely a palliative to
    correct misfeatures in such object-oriented languages as Java.
    Python supports object orientation but doesn't require it, and
    practices "duck typing", so the benefits of aspect orientation
    are doubly marginal for Python. It's not difficult for a Python
    function to, say, sort a variety of different things, while
    Java must contrive weird containers and casts to get the right
    results. Java needs aspects, and Python doesn't.

    On the other hand, Jim Hugunin says <URL:
    http://www.ccs.neu.edu/research/dem.../Jim Hugunin (The Next Steps For Aspect-).doc >
    AOP is a good and even powerful thing, and I know that Jim's
    right about many subjects where I'm in error, so maybe I've got
    this one wrong, too.
    Cameron Laird, Aug 9, 2006