Are there ANY good forums out there anymore???

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Eric Danstron, Sep 21, 2005.

  1. Can anyone recommend a good ASP Forum that's efficient?

    Read this about an Invision Powerboard experience:
    "...when we recently wanted to buy an [Invision] license, we found out that
    the links to their privacy policy and contact page were broken. We tried to
    contact them about this, requesting information about their privacy policy,
    but instead of receiving this information, our license was suddenly
    terminated. And after a more formal way of inquiring about their privacy
    policy, our account into their Client Area was cancelled as well - again
    without any explanation by email."
    http://www.spybot.info/en/index.html

    This is important to me because I started getting spam on an email address I
    used to register on an Invision Powerboard system. So much for 3rd party
    solutions.

    I'm not just picking on Invasion - Snitz 2000 is horribly inefficient (and I
    got hacked), and WebWiz Forum is not only woefully inefficient in ASP &
    HTML, it's over a year late for it's next update. I lost track of the others
    that suck, including forums with long, long, long URL query strings.

    I'm tired of buying what looks to be a professional application with such
    bloated code it looks like it was written by a beginner. There are still
    people out there forced to use 56K modems (no DSL or cable available), and
    customer loyalty is easily gained with an efficient website.

    Look, I'm willing to purchase a license, even a few hundred dollars, but is
    everybody writing sloppy code now?
    Eric Danstron, Sep 21, 2005

  2. Eric Danstron

    Immediacy Guest

    Take a look as asp-dev xm forums. www.asp-dev.com/main.asp?page=1 they are
    very good, XML/XSLT based output for fast rendering, and easy 'skining'

    Immediacy, Sep 22, 2005