Are there any good tutorials for writing perl cell phone programs?

Steve

I wanted to know if there were any decent sites out there that have
tutorials for creating perl programs on cell phones.

Randal L. Schwartz

Steve> I wanted to know if there were any decent sites out there that have
Steve> tutorials for creating perl programs on cell phones.

What cell phones support Perl?

Steve

Steve> I wanted to know if there were any decent sites out there that have
Steve> tutorials for creating perl programs on cell phones.

What cell phones support Perl?

<[email protected]> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>
Seehttp://methodsandmessages.vox.com/for Smalltalk and Seaside discussion

A friend of a friend works at a company that makes programs for cell
phones and apparently they use perl...
No smart phones support perl? Really?

Ted Zlatanov

Steve> I wanted to know if there were any decent sites out there that have
Steve> tutorials for creating perl programs on cell phones.

RLS> What cell phones support Perl?

Nokia N900 (Maemo) does. The upcoming Meego which is the followup to
Maemo also should. I've used Maemo on the N800/N810 tablets and it
works fine, just another ARM port of Linux.

The iPhone can also run Perl.

Ted

RedGrittyBrick

A friend of a friend works at a company that makes programs for cell
phones and apparently they use perl...
No smart phones support perl? Really?

It's hardly a mainstream phone app-dev language. I'd guess you might be
able to hack Perl and maybe even Perl/Tk onto an Android, Maemo, WebOS
phone or Jailbroken iPhone but I suspect you'd have no market for your
app. I think you'd be much better off looking at Java ME or perhaps
proprietary SDKs like the Objective-C SDK for iPhone. I love Perl but I
don't use it for everything.

I'd look at Java ME. YMMV.

Just my ¤0.02 worth.