    that but it would be nicer to be able to type commands in Java syntax
    instead of Python syntax as this would also allow be to test out code
    fragments.

    Charles Fox, Apr 11, 2005

  2. Charles Fox

    Guest

    1. Advertising

  3. Charles Fox wrote:
    > Wouldn't it be nice to be able to test out java classes from a command
    > line? Like you can do in python and matlab and visual basic?
    >
    > Has anyone build such a CLI tool yet? Would it be possible? I've
    > seen Jython providing this kind of access to Java classes, I could use
    > that but it would be nicer to be able to type commands in Java syntax
    > instead of Python syntax as this would also allow be to test out code
    > fragments.

    Have a look at BlueJ (www.bluej.org). It's intended as a teaching
    IDE, but it has a "workbench" where you can put class instances
    and excercise them by hand.

    Good software, free download.

    Steve

    Steve Horsley, Apr 11, 2005
  4. Charles Fox

    Charles Fox Guest

    Thanks a lot -- they both look like just what I was looking for. I
    think testing will be much more fun interactively!

    Charles Fox, Apr 15, 2005