are there any lib for receive hotmail ?

Discussion in 'Python' started by =?utf-8?B?5Y+u5Y+u5b2T5b2T?=, Sep 4, 2006.

  1. thanks.
    =?utf-8?B?5Y+u5Y+u5b2T5b2T?=, Sep 4, 2006

  2. =?utf-8?B?5Y+u5Y+u5b2T5b2T?=

    Paul McGuire Guest

    "????" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > thanks.

    poplib
    Paul McGuire, Sep 4, 2006

  3. Re: are there any lib for receive hotmail ?

    poplib cannot receive hotmail.

    =?utf-8?B?5Y+u5Y+u5b2T5b2T?=, Sep 5, 2006
  4. Re: are there any lib for receive hotmail ?

    å®å®å½“当 wrote:

    > poplib cannot receive hotmail.

    Not true:

    http://www.macworld.com/news/2002/06/18/hotmail/index.php

    You need to pay for that, but they do offer pop.

    And receiving hotmail (or any outher webmail) using scraping techniques is a
    daunting task, to say the least - you should forget about that IMHO.

    Diez
    Diez B. Roggisch, Sep 5, 2006
  5. =?utf-8?B?5Y+u5Y+u5b2T5b2T?=

    Tim Chase Guest

    Re: are there any lib for receive hotmail ?

    > And receiving hotmail (or any outher webmail) using scraping
    > techniques is a daunting task, to say the least - you should
    > forget about that IMHO.

    There's a perl project called "gotmail" that will do the scraping
    to dump in a local mailbox file (I don't remember whether it's MH
    or mbox format). You can snag it at

    http://gotmail.sf.net

    Thus, there's evidence that Hotmail can be scraped, but it seems
    they have a never-ending battle against Hotmail, trying to keep
    up with changes.

    I don't know of any Python projects doing the same sort of thing.
    It might not be too hard to port the Perl project over to
    Python, but one would be an extra level removed from scraping
    Hotmail, playing catchup not only with Hotmail, but then porting
    the latest fixes from Gotmail.

    There are a couple other Hotmail-to-mbox scrapers I've heard of,
    but haven't tried.

    -tkc
    Tim Chase, Sep 5, 2006
  6. Re: are there any lib for receive hotmail ?

    thanks.

    Tim Chase 写é“:

    =?utf-8?B?5Y+u5Y+u5b2T5b2T?=, Sep 7, 2006
  7. Re: are there any lib for receive hotmail ?

    At Tuesday 5/9/2006 13:05, Tim Chase wrote:

    > > And receiving hotmail (or any outher webmail) using scraping
    > > techniques is a daunting task, to say the least - you should
    > > forget about that IMHO.

    >There's a perl project called "gotmail" that will do the scraping

    Freepops does that (and a lot more) - but it's not written in Python,
    it uses LUA.
    http://www.freepops.org/
    It puts a POP server on top of the webmail, letting you use your
    favorite mail program.
    The Hotmail plugin works perfectly for me.

    Gabriel Genellina
    Softlab SRL

    Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
    está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).