are there any lib for receive hotmail ?

Tim Chase

And receiving hotmail (or any outher webmail) using scraping
techniques is a daunting task, to say the least - you should
forget about that IMHO.

There's a perl project called "gotmail" that will do the scraping
to dump in a local mailbox file (I don't remember whether it's MH
or mbox format). You can snag it at

http://gotmail.sf.net

Thus, there's evidence that Hotmail can be scraped, but it seems
they have a never-ending battle against Hotmail, trying to keep
up with changes.

I don't know of any Python projects doing the same sort of thing.
It might not be too hard to port the Perl project over to
Python, but one would be an extra level removed from scraping
Hotmail, playing catchup not only with Hotmail, but then porting
the latest fixes from Gotmail.

There are a couple other Hotmail-to-mbox scrapers I've heard of,
but haven't tried.

-tkc

Guest

thanks.

Tim Chase 写é“:
There's a perl project called "gotmail" that will do the scraping
to dump in a local mailbox file (I don't remember whether it's MH
or mbox format). You can snag it at

http://gotmail.sf.net

Thus, there's evidence that Hotmail can be scraped, but it seems
they have a never-ending battle against Hotmail, trying to keep
up with changes.

I don't know of any Python projects doing the same sort of thing.
It might not be too hard to port the Perl project over to
Python, but one would be an extra level removed from scraping
Hotmail, playing catchup not only with Hotmail, but then porting
the latest fixes from Gotmail.

There are a couple other Hotmail-to-mbox scrapers I've heard of,
but haven't tried.

-tkc

Gabriel Genellina

There's a perl project called "gotmail" that will do the scraping

Freepops does that (and a lot more) - but it's not written in Python,
it uses LUA.
http://www.freepops.org/
It puts a POP server on top of the webmail, letting you use your
favorite mail program.
The Hotmail plugin works perfectly for me.

Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).