Are there any python micro-frameworks (like ruby's Camping)?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Phillip B Oldham, Oct 1, 2008.

  1. Are there any python micro-frameworks (like ruby's Camping)?

    Phillip B Oldham, Oct 1, 2008

  2. Phillip B Oldham

    Sam Guest

    Did you try WebPy?
    http://webpy.org/ Hum, the website seems to be down today

    Sam

    Sam, Oct 1, 2008

  3. On Oct 1, 9:53 am, Sam <> wrote:
    > Did you try WebPy?http://webpy.org/Hum, the website seems to be down today

    Not yet - I'm hoping the python community can suggest some examples of
    micro/small frameworks (which just supply the basics; no forms/
    templating/ORM/etc) so I can compare and select the one which suits my
    needs.

    Phillip B Oldham, Oct 1, 2008
  4. On Oct 1, 10:58 am, Phillip B Oldham <> wrote:
    > On Oct 1, 9:53 am, Sam <> wrote:
    >
    > > Did you try WebPy?http://webpy.org/Hum, the website seems to be down today

    > Not yet - I'm hoping the python community can suggest some examples of
    > micro/small frameworks (which just supply the basics; no forms/
    > templating/ORM/etc) so I can compare and select the one which suits my
    > needs.

    How about wsgiref in the standard library? It is as small as you can
    get without
    resorting to CGI.

    Michele Simionato, Oct 1, 2008
  5. On Oct 1, 10:29 am, Michele Simionato <>
    wrote:
    > How about wsgiref in the standard library? It is as small as you can
    > get without resorting to CGI.

    Interesting... I'll be sure to check that out also.

    Someone also mentioned Paste/WebOb, so now I have 3 to test.

    Any others?

    Phillip B Oldham, Oct 1, 2008
  6. On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 01:02:24 -0700, Phillip B Oldham wrote:

    > Are there any python micro-frameworks (like ruby's Camping)?

    Maybe `CherryPy`!? It's the heart of other frameworks that add
    templating, ORM and the like to it.

    Another consideration might be `Werkzeug`.

    Ciao,
    Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

    Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch, Oct 1, 2008
  7. Phillip B Oldham

    Sam Guest

    On Oct 1, 3:42 am, Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 01:02:24 -0700, Phillip B Oldham wrote:
    > > Are there any python micro-frameworks (like ruby's Camping)?

    > Maybe `CherryPy`!?  It's the heart of other frameworks that add
    > templating, ORM and the like to it.

    Yeah definitely check out CherryPy. Not sure if it's micro enough for
    you, but it's pretty sweet. ;)

    Sam, Oct 1, 2008
  8. Phillip B Oldham <> said :

    > On Oct 1, 10:29 am, Michele Simionato <>
    > wrote:
    >> How about wsgiref in the standard library? It is as small as you can
    >> get without resorting to CGI.

    > Interesting... I'll be sure to check that out also.
    >
    > Someone also mentioned Paste/WebOb, so now I have 3 to test.
    >
    > Any others?

    I'd add Snakelets (in stasis, but interesting) and Karrigell (alive and
    well).

    web.py is probably closest to what you're looking for though.

    Fred Pacquier, Oct 1, 2008