Are there statistics packages in ANSI C and/or ANSI C++?

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by lbrtchx@gmail.com, Apr 24, 2008.

  1. Guest

    , Apr 24, 2008

  2. jacob navia Guest

    wrote:
    > Like this one?
    >
    > http://commons.apache.org/math/userguide/stat.html
    >
    > Basically I need the mean, standard deviation and skewness and
    > preferably a legal hassles free one
    >
    > Thanks
    > lbrtchx

    The lcc-win compiler system provides a statistical library.
    Here is the header file to give you an idea
    #ifndef __stats_h__
    #define __stats_h__
    // Beta distribution
    long double beta_distribution(long double a,long double b, long double x);
    // Beta distribution inverse
    long double beta_distribution_inv(long double, long double, long double);
    //Incomplete beta integral.
    long double beta_incomplete (long double a,long double b,long double x);
    //Inverse of incomplete beta integral.
    long double beta_incomplete_inv (long double a,long double b,long double y);
    //Binomial distribution function.
    long double binomial(unsigned int k, unsigned int n, long double p);
    //Binomial distribution function complemented.
    long double binomial_c(unsigned int k, unsigned int n, long double p);
    //Binomial distribution function inverse
    long double binomial_inv(unsigned int k, unsigned int n , long double y);
    //Negative binomial distribution .
    long double binomial_neg_distribution(unsigned int k, unsigned int
    n,long double p);
    //Negative binomial distribution complement.
    long double binomial_neg_distribution_c (unsigned int k, unsigned int
    n,long double p);
    //Inverse of negative binomial distribution.
    long double binomial_neg_distribution_inv(unsigned int k, unsigned int
    n,long double p);
    //Chi-squared distribution function.
    long double chi_sqr_distribution(long double df,long double x);
    //Chi-squared distribution function complemented.
    long double chi_sqr_distribution_c(long double df, long double x);
    //Inverse of Chi-squared distribution function complemented.
    long double chi_sqr_distribution_cinv(long double df,long double p);
    // Fisher distribution
    long double fisher_distribution(unsigned int a, unsigned int b,long
    double c);
    //Fisher F distribution complemented.
    long double fisher_distribution_c(unsigned int ia, unsigned int ib,long
    double c);
    // Inverse Fischer distribution
    long double fisher_distribution_inv(long double dfn,long double dfd,long
    double y);
    // Inverse fisher distribution complemented
    long double fisher_distribution_cinv(int a,int b,long double y);
    //Gamma probability distribution function complemented.
    long double gamma_distribution_c(long double a,long double b,long double x);
    //Incomplete gamma function.
    long double gamma_incomplete (long double a,long double x);
    //Incomplete gamma function complemented.
    long double gamma_incomplete_c(long double a,long double x);
    //Inverse of incomplete gamma integral.
    long double gamma_incomplete_cinv (long double a,long double y0);
    //Inverse of complemented incomplete gamma integral.
    long double gamma_incomplete_cinv (long double a,long double y0);
    //Normal distribution function.
    long double normal_distribution (long double a);
    //Inverse of normal distribution function.
    long double normal_distribution_inv (long double a);
    //Poisson distribution.
    long double poisson_distribution (unsigned int k, long double m);
    //Complemented Poisson distribution.
    long double poisson_distribution_c(unsigned int k,long double m);
    //Inverse Poisson distribution.
    long double poisson_distribution_inv(unsigned int k,long double y);
    //Digamma (PSI) function
    long double digamma(long double);
    //Student's t
    long double students_t (int df,long double t);
    //Inverse of Student's t.
    long double students_t_inv (int df,long double p);
    //Kolmogorov statistic.
    long double kolmogorov ( long double );
    //Kolmogorov statistic inverse.
    long double kolmogorov_inv (long double p);
    //Exact Smirnov statistic
    long double smirnov (int n,long double e);
    //Inverse Smirnov
    long double smirnov_inv(int n,long double);
    // median
    long double medianl(long double *data,int n);
    double median(double *data,int n);
    float medianf(float *data,int n);
    // geometric mean
    long double geometric_meanl(long double *data,int n);
    double geometric_mean(double *data,int n);
    float geometric_meanf(float *data,int n);
    // arithmetic mean
    long double arithmetic_meanl(long double *data,int n);
    double arithmetic_mean(double *data,int n);
    float arithmetic_meanf(float *data,int n);
    // harmonic mean
    long double harmonic_meanl(long double *data,int n);
    double harmonic_mean(double *data,int n);
    float harmonic_meanf(float *data,int n);
    // variance
    long double variancel(long double *data,int n);
    double variance(double *data,int n);
    float variancef(float *data,int n);
    // variance_mle
    long double variance_mlel(long double *data,int n);
    double variance_mle(double *data,int n);
    float variance_mlef(float *data,int n);
    // standard deviation
    long double standard_deviationl(long double *data,int n);
    double standard_deviation_mle(double *data,int n);
    float standard_deviation_mlef(float *data,int n);
    // root mean square
    long double rmsl(long double *data,int n);
    double rms(double *data,int n);
    float rmsf(float *data,int n);
    // central moment
    long double central_momentl(long double *data,int n,long double K);
    double central_moment(double *data,int n,double K);
    float central_momentf(float *data,int n,float K);
    // percentile
    long double percentilel(long double *data,int n,long double K);
    double percentile(double *data,int n,double K);
    float percentilef(float *data,int n,float K);
    // skewness
    long double skewnessl(long double *data,int n);
    double skewness(double *data,int n);
    float skewnessf(float *data,int n);
    // kurtosis
    long double kurtosisl(long double *data,int n);
    double kurtosis(double *data,int n);
    float kurtosisf(float *data,int n);
    #endif

    --
    jacob navia
    jacob at jacob point remcomp point fr
    jacob navia, Apr 24, 2008

  3. user923005 Guest

    user923005, Apr 24, 2008
  4. osmium Guest

    "CBFalconer" wrote:

    > wrote:
    >>
    >> Like this one?
    >>
    >> http://commons.apache.org/math/userguide/stat.html
    >>
    >> Basically I need the mean, standard deviation and skewness and
    >> preferably a legal hassles free one.

    > Those are properties of statistics, and have been in all the
    > textbooks for nearly 200 years. There are no legal hassles. Try
    > stating what you want with more precision.

    That's what you came up with? After two days? That you don't understand the
    question?
    osmium, Apr 26, 2008
  5. Ian Collins Guest

    CBFalconer wrote:
    > osmium wrote:

    >>> Those are properties of statistics, and have been in all the
    >>> textbooks for nearly 200 years. There are no legal hassles.
    >>> Try stating what you want with more precision.

    >> That's what you came up with? After two days? That you don't
    >> understand the question?

    > You didn't read the date/time on my post. It was about two hours
    > after the OPs post. And those statistics factors are well known.

    You may have posted on the 25th, but your iffy news server didn't
    deliver the message until today. Your posts often arrive late and in a
    clump.

    --
    Ian Collins.
    Ian Collins, Apr 27, 2008
  6. Richard Guest

    Ian Collins <> writes:

    > CBFalconer wrote:
    >> osmium wrote:

    >>> That's what you came up with? After two days? That you don't
    >>> understand the question?

    >> You didn't read the date/time on my post. It was about two hours
    >> after the OPs post. And those statistics factors are well known.
    >>

    > You may have posted on the 25th, but your iffy news server didn't
    > deliver the message until today. Your posts often arrive late and in a
    > clump.

    And invariably incorrect.
    Richard, Apr 27, 2008
  7. On 27 Apr 2008 at 4:46, Ian Collins wrote:
    > CBFalconer wrote:
    >> You didn't read the date/time on my post. It was about two hours
    >> after the OPs post.
    >>

    > You may have posted on the 25th, but your iffy news server didn't
    > deliver the message until today. Your posts often arrive late and in a
    > clump.

    Yes. Often I see "30 new posts" and think clc must have fallen prey to a
    splorge attack like the ones that have hit sci.math recently. But no,
    it's even worse than that! It's 30 posts from CBF, mostly on stale
    articles, and with a rough breakdown of
    15 netnannying posts
    10 posts that are completely wrong
    5 correct but pointless posts about trivial and irrelevant details
    Antoninus Twink, Apr 27, 2008
  8. In article <>,
    Antoninus Twink <> wrote:
    >On 27 Apr 2008 at 4:46, Ian Collins wrote:
    >> CBFalconer wrote:
    >>> You didn't read the date/time on my post. It was about two hours
    >>> after the OPs post.
    >>>

    >> You may have posted on the 25th, but your iffy news server didn't
    >> deliver the message until today. Your posts often arrive late and in a
    >> clump.

    >Yes. Often I see "30 new posts" and think clc must have fallen prey to a
    >splorge attack like the ones that have hit sci.math recently. But no,
    >it's even worse than that! It's 30 posts from CBF, mostly on stale
    >articles, and with a rough breakdown of
    >15 netnannying posts
    >10 posts that are completely wrong
    > 5 correct but pointless posts about trivial and irrelevant details

    Indeed. So very true. A nice breakdown of any 30 CBF posts.
    Kenny McCormack, Apr 27, 2008
  9. Richard Guest

    (Kenny McCormack) writes:

    > In article <>,
    > Antoninus Twink <> wrote:
    >>>>
    >>> You may have posted on the 25th, but your iffy news server didn't
    >>> deliver the message until today. Your posts often arrive late and in a
    >>> clump.

    >>Yes. Often I see "30 new posts" and think clc must have fallen prey to a
    >>splorge attack like the ones that have hit sci.math recently. But no,
    >>it's even worse than that! It's 30 posts from CBF, mostly on stale
    >>articles, and with a rough breakdown of
    >>15 netnannying posts
    >>10 posts that are completely wrong
    >> 5 correct but pointless posts about trivial and irrelevant details

    > Indeed. So very true. A nice breakdown of any 30 CBF posts.

    The net nannying ones should be further broken down into posts which
    break the very rules he professes to admire so much including topical
    information in the signature, double signatures, overly long signatures
    and advertising his own absurd C libraries and services as a contractor.
    Richard, Apr 27, 2008
  10. santosh Guest

    OT - Re: Are there statistics packages in ANSI C and/or ANSI C++?

    Richard Harter wrote:

    [ ... ]

    > Richard Harter,
    > http://home.tiac.net/~cri, http://www.varinoma.com
    > Save the Earth now!!
    > It's the only planet with chocolate.

    Wouldn't it be better to include the above in a sig block?
    santosh, Apr 27, 2008
  11. Re: OT - Re: Are there statistics packages in ANSI C and/or ANSI C++?

    (Richard Harter) writes:

    > On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 21:13:18 +0530, santosh
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Richard Harter wrote:
    >>
    >>> Richard Harter,
    >>> http://home.tiac.net/~cri, http://www.varinoma.com
    >>> Save the Earth now!!
    >>> It's the only planet with chocolate.

    >>Wouldn't it be better to include the above in a sig block?

    > AFAIK it is - Free Agent thinks it is.

    At least when they get to my news feed, your posts have no sig
    delimiter. This is normally a line containing "-- " and nothing
    else. There should be one here (after a blank line):

    --
    Ben.
    Ben Bacarisse, Apr 28, 2008
  12. Re: OT - Re: Are there statistics packages in ANSI C and/or ANSI C++?

    (Richard Harter) writes:
    > On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 21:13:18 +0530, santosh
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Richard Harter wrote:
    >>
    >>[ ... ]
    >>
    >>> Richard Harter,
    >>> http://home.tiac.net/~cri, http://www.varinoma.com
    >>> Save the Earth now!!
    >>> It's the only planet with chocolate.

    >>Wouldn't it be better to include the above in a sig block?

    > AFAIK it is - Free Agent thinks it is.

    I've never used Free Agent, but perhaps you need to include the "-- "
    line as part of your signature.

    --
    Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) <>
    Nokia