    search I got Tracker, instead of Beagle.
    Are there equvalents applications for Tomboy and F-Spot which are
    written in Python.
    Tshepang Lekhonkhobe, Dec 21, 2006

  2. Tshepang Lekhonkhobe

    Guest

    On Dec 22, 4:01 am, "Tshepang Lekhonkhobe" <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I dislike installing the entire Mono stack simply to take notes and
    > manage photos, and am totally biased towards Python. At least for
    > search I got Tracker, instead of Beagle.
    > Are there equvalents applications for Tomboy andF-Spotwhich are
    > written in Python.

    There is an image browser, Cornice, written in Python, using PIL and
    wxPython. <http://freshmeat.net/projects/cornice>
    Another image viewer is IMGV <http://imgv.sourceforge.net/>. I like the
    way the author deals with menu.

    Btw, you mean Tracker (aka MetaTracker ?) at
    <http://www.gnome.org/~jamiemcc/tracker/>? I think it is written in C.
    >From the features page: "written in C for maximum efficiency"

    Cheers,
    Hieu Hoang