are there Tomboy and F-Spot equivalents?

Tshepang Lekhonkhobe

Hi,
I dislike installing the entire Mono stack simply to take notes and
manage photos, and am totally biased towards Python. At least for
search I got Tracker, instead of Beagle.
Are there equvalents applications for Tomboy and F-Spot which are
written in Python.

Hieu.D.Hoang

Hi,
I dislike installing the entire Mono stack simply to take notes and
manage photos, and am totally biased towards Python. At least for
search I got Tracker, instead of Beagle.
Are there equvalents applications for Tomboy andF-Spotwhich are
written in Python.

There is an image browser, Cornice, written in Python, using PIL and
wxPython. <http://freshmeat.net/projects/cornice>
Another image viewer is IMGV <http://imgv.sourceforge.net/>. I like the
way the author deals with menu.

Btw, you mean Tracker (aka MetaTracker ?) at
From the features page: "written in C for maximum efficiency"

Cheers,
Hieu Hoang