    1. Advertising

  1. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Whitecrest Guest

    Whitecrest, May 19, 2004

  2. "Whitecrest" <> skrev i meddelandet
    news:...
    > In article <P1Hqc.92890$>,
    > says...
    > > Are these pictures too dark or/and too large?
    > > http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/lagenhetsangregoriodicatania.html
    > > http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/lagenhetitalien.html

    > They look fine to me. 300 baud modems might not like them.

    Do you mean that the the files of the pictures are too heavy for those users
    who have a modem connection?

    --
    Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
    http://www.italymap.dk/sv/italienkarta.html
    Luigi Donatello Asero, May 19, 2004
  3. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Frogleg Guest

    On Wed, 19 May 2004 16:51:53 GMT, "Luigi Donatello Asero"
    <> wrote:

    >"Whitecrest" <>

    >> says...

    >> > Are these pictures too dark or/and too large?
    >> > http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/lagenhetsangregoriodicatania.html
    >> > http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/lagenhetitalien.html

    >> They look fine to me. 300 baud modems might not like them.

    >Do you mean that the the files of the pictures are too heavy for those users
    >who have a modem connection?

    They're not over-large, but you might experiment with a higher JPEG
    compression ratio to reduce them further. Not that you asked, but if
    this is supposed to be an advertisement for a hotel/spa, a picture of
    a closet (garderobe) isn't very enticing.
    Frogleg, May 19, 2004
  4. "Frogleg" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > On Wed, 19 May 2004 16:51:53 GMT, "Luigi Donatello Asero"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > >"Whitecrest" <>

    > >> says...

    > >> They look fine to me. 300 baud modems might not like them.

    > >Do you mean that the the files of the pictures are too heavy for those

    users
    > >who have a modem connection?

    > They're not over-large, but you might experiment with a higher JPEG
    > compression ratio to reduce them further. Not that you asked, but if
    > this is supposed to be an advertisement for a hotel/spa, a picture of
    > a closet (garderobe) isn't very enticing.

    It is neither a hotel nor a spa. It is an apartment which is rent to
    tourists and I offer the intermediation for rent of such an apartment (
    among other holiday lodgings).
    An apartment does not usually such a fine closet as a hotel, does it?

    Luigi Donatello Asero, May 19, 2004

    > "Frogleg" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > > On Wed, 19 May 2004 16:51:53 GMT, "Luigi Donatello Asero"
    > > <> wrote:
    > >

    > > >"Whitecrest" <>

    http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/lagenhetsangregoriodicatania.html

    > > >Do you mean that the the files of the pictures are too heavy for those

    > users
    > > >who have a modem connection?

    > > They're not over-large, but you might experiment with a higher JPEG
    > > compression ratio to reduce them further. Not that you asked, but if
    > > this is supposed to be an advertisement for a hotel/spa, a picture of
    > > a closet (garderobe) isn't very enticing.

    > It is neither a hotel nor a spa. It is an apartment which is rent to
    > tourists and I offer the intermediation for rent of such an apartment (
    > among other holiday lodgings).
    > An apartment does not usually such a fine closet as a hotel, does it?

    The apartment is in the villa which is shown here:

    http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/sangregoriodicatania.html

    Luigi Donatello Asero, May 19, 2004

    > "Frogleg" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > > On Wed, 19 May 2004 16:51:53 GMT, "Luigi Donatello Asero"
    > > <> wrote:
    > >

    > > >"Whitecrest" <>

    http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/lagenhetsangregoriodicatania.html

    > > >Do you mean that the the files of the pictures are too heavy for those

    > users
    > > >who have a modem connection?

    > > They're not over-large, but you might experiment with a higher JPEG
    > > compression ratio to reduce them further. Not that you asked, but if
    > > this is supposed to be an advertisement for a hotel/spa, a picture of
    > > a closet (garderobe) isn't very enticing.

    > It is neither a hotel nor a spa. It is an apartment which is rent to
    > tourists and I offer the intermediation for rent of such an apartment (
    > among other holiday lodgings).

    That means that the closet is a part of the apartment.

    Luigi Donatello Asero, May 19, 2004
  7. While the city slept, Luigi Donatello Asero <>
    feverishly typed:

    > It is neither a hotel nor a spa. It is an apartment which is rent to
    > tourists and I offer the intermediation for rent of such an apartment
    > ( among other holiday lodgings).

    Any discounts for alt.html regulars?? ;-)

    Cheers,
    Nige

    --
    Nigel Moss.

    nice.guy.nige, May 19, 2004
  8. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <JgMqc.92918$>,
    says...
    > > > http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/lagenhetsangregoriodicatania.html
    > > > http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/lagenhetitalien.html

    > > They look fine to me. 300 baud modems might not like them.

    > Do you mean that the the files of the pictures are too heavy for those users
    > who have a modem connection?

    It is over 50K for the two images. 56K might not mind, but anyone
    connecting slower might. You can probably optimize them a little and not
    loose any noticeable detail and make them smalle. (but then I don't
    know where you started with them and they may be optimized as far as
    they can go without losing quality)

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com
    Whitecrest, May 20, 2004
  9. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > > It is neither a hotel nor a spa. It is an apartment which is rent to
    > > tourists and I offer the intermediation for rent of such an apartment
    > > ( among other holiday lodgings).

    > Any discounts for alt.html regulars?? ;-)

    No kidding, I would be on a waiting list.
    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com
    Whitecrest, May 20, 2004
  10. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Mabden Guest

    "Whitecrest" <> wrote in message
    > In article <JgMqc.92918$>,
    > says...

    http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/lagenhetsangregoriodicatania.html
    > > > They look fine to me. 300 baud modems might not like them.

    > > Do you mean that the the files of the pictures are too heavy for those

    users
    > > who have a modem connection?

    > It is over 50K for the two images. 56K might not mind, but anyone
    > connecting slower might. You can probably optimize them a little and not
    > loose any noticeable detail and make them smalle. (but then I don't
    > know where you started with them and they may be optimized as far as
    > they can go without losing quality)
    >
    > --
    > Whitecrest Entertainment
    > www.whitecrestent.com

    loose should be lose
    Small doesn't have an e
    losing should be loosing

    --
    Mabden
    Mabden, May 20, 2004
  11. While the city slept, Mabden <> feverishly typed:

    > loose should be lose
    > Small doesn't have an e
    > losing should be loosing

    It is usually bad form to reply to a post just to point out spelling and
    gramatical errors, but since you started it...

    http://www.merriam-webster.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=losing
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=loosing

    .... and it is considered good form to strip the previous poster's sig when
    you reply.

    Cheers,
    Nige

    --
    Nigel Moss.

    nice.guy.nige, May 20, 2004
  12. "Whitecrest" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > > > It is neither a hotel nor a spa. It is an apartment which is rent to
    > > > tourists and I offer the intermediation for rent of such an apartment
    > > > ( among other holiday lodgings).

    > > Any discounts for alt.html regulars?? ;-)

    > No kidding, I would be on a waiting list.
    > --
    > Whitecrest Entertainment
    > www.whitecrestent.com

    Customers pay only the intermediation fee to me not the rent itself
    Anyway, if any of you is really interested to rent any of the holiday
    lodgings through my intermediation he or she is welcome to get in touch with
    me by writing to one of the e-mailadresses which are on the websites
    Luigi Donatello Asero, May 21, 2004
  13. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Mabden Guest

    "nice.guy.nige" <> wrote in message
    > While the city slept, Mabden <> feverishly typed:
    >
    > > loose should be lose
    > > Small doesn't have an e
    > > losing should be loosing

    > It is usually bad form to reply to a post just to point out spelling and
    > gramatical errors, but since you started it...

    http://www.merriam-webster.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=losing

    http://www.merriam-webster.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=loosing

    Ooops, the last one was a mistake. I guess that's why one shouldn't correct
    speelling arrers!
    Mabden, May 21, 2004