    items who are not visible.

    Greetings,
    Jan831

    Jan831, Apr 17, 2004

  2. Jan831

    SpaceGirl Guest

    "Jan831" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > I was just doing some stuff on a simple website, but I have a question
    > about unvisible items.
    >
    > There are some images who are not visible when the page is loaded. I've
    > done this with CSS ( "visibility: false;" ). But the question is that
    > these images are loaded or not. Maybe a browser can decide to not load
    > items who are not visible.
    >
    > Greetings,
    > Jan831

    Yes the images get loaded, but not displayed. If the image is refered to in
    HTML, it'll get loaded (unless, of course, the user has ALL images turned
    off).

    SpaceGirl, Apr 17, 2004

  3. Jan831

    Spartanicus Guest

    Jan831 <> wrote:

    >CSS ( "visibility: false;" ).

    No such value, I presume you meant "hidden".

    Spartanicus, Apr 17, 2004
  4. Jan831

    Spartanicus Guest

    "SpaceGirl" <> wrote:

    >Yes the images get loaded, but not displayed. If the image is refered to in
    >HTML, it'll get loaded (unless, of course, the user has ALL images turned
    >off).

    And unless it's display has been disabled using css (by using display
    rather than visibility).

    Spartanicus, Apr 17, 2004