Are you using the gridview controls automatic paging functionality?

nyhetsgrupper

If I have a table with 500.000 records will it be smart to use the
automatic paging functionality included in the gridview control? How
can this work? Does'n the gridview control need to load the whole
table into a datasource and then filter out the page it want to
display? Can somebody explain to me in detail how this work? What about
sorting?

Sean Chambers

Search for "paging" on thecodeproject.com. There is a good article on
there that describes all the different options available to you, and
their benefits. I opted for a stored procedure approach and selecting
the rows into a temp table and returning, this way i'm only grabbing
whatever my pagesize is each time and no more.