Area of self intersecting polygon

RajkiranPro

i could calculate the area of a convex or non-convex polygon whose
coordinates are give in the anticlockwise order using the formula..

1/2 | (x1y2 + x2y3 + x3y4 +...+ xny1) - (y1x2 + y2x3 + y3x4 +...+
ynx1)|

However this fails when i calculate the area of self intersecting
polygons..

Can anyone help me in calculating the area of a self-intersecting
polygon..

Thanks in advance....

http://rajkiranpro.googlepages.com/polygons.JPG

Erik Wikström

i could calculate the area of a convex or non-convex polygon whose
coordinates are give in the anticlockwise order using the formula..

1/2 | (x1y2 + x2y3 + x3y4 +...+ xny1) - (y1x2 + y2x3 + y3x4 +...+
ynx1)|

However this fails when i calculate the area of self intersecting
polygons..

Can anyone help me in calculating the area of a self-intersecting
polygon..

This questions has nothing to do with C++ as such, please try a more
appropriate group such as comp.graphics.algorithms.

Jim Langston

Erik said:
This questions has nothing to do with C++ as such, please try a more
appropriate group such as comp.graphics.algorithms.

alt.math or alt.math.recreational may also be a good newsgroup for it.