    I am using Altera QuartusII software. Is one of the two libraries
    "more recommendable" ?

    Thank you in advance.

    ALuPin, Feb 10, 2004

  2. ALuPin wrote:

    > can someone tell me what is the difference between
    > the libraries
    > ieee.std_logic_arith.all and
    > ieee.numeric_std.all ?

    std_logic_arith is implemented different on different simulation and
    synthesis tools. Therefore it's recommended to use it.

    numeric_std has not these problems. But it is a newer library. If you
    share designs with other companies, that use *really old* tools, you may
    get problems.

    -> Take numeric_std.

    Ralf

    Ralf Hildebrandt, Feb 10, 2004