    What's odd is that this was working previously. Could something on the DB
    server itself becausing this?

    -Darrel
    darrel, Jul 19, 2007

  2. "darrel" <> wrote in message
    news:%...
    > I'm getting this error:
    >
    > Arithmetic overflow error converting numeric to data type numeric.

    I think the problem is in the sql select statement used in OleDbAdapter
    Alexey Smirnov, Jul 19, 2007

  3. darrel

    darrel Guest

    > What's odd is that this was working previously. Could something on the DB
    > server itself becausing this?

    We have two production servers (load balanced).

    Initially, they both had this error. While I was trying to fix and test the
    code on one of the two servers, the other one started working again.

    So, I re-uploaded the same DLL file for our site and now one of our two
    production servers runs fine, but the other is still giving me the
    arithmetic error. Same code. Two different machines. Any ideas?

    I'll be rebooting the bad one at the end of the day hoping that might fix
    it.

    -Darrel
    darrel, Jul 19, 2007
  4. darrel

    darrel Guest

    > I'll be rebooting the bad one at the end of the day hoping that might fix
    > it.

    No reboot necessary. An hour later, they're working again. Any clues as to
    what might be going on?

    -Darrel
    darrel, Jul 19, 2007
  5. darrel

    darrel Guest

    > No reboot necessary. An hour later, they're working again. Any clues as to
    > what might be going on?

    Well, I've narrowed it down to the DB server.

    Regardless of the application server, if I query server 1, it works fine, if
    I query server 2, it gives me the arithmetic error.

    Same code. Same DLL. Just different conection string.

    If I run the query directly in each DB, I get the exact same data.

    I've checked the tables and all fields are the same datatype as well.

    I'm completely stumped.

    At this point, it sometimes works, and sometimes doesn't.

    -Darrel
    darrel, Jul 19, 2007