Arithmetic overflow error converting numeric to data type numeric.

darrel

I'm getting this error:

Arithmetic overflow error converting numeric to data type numeric.

Triggered on this line of my code:
objOleDbAdapter.Fill(DS, "rss")

Everything works when this is pointed at one DB server (our staging server)
but when we point it at another DB server (our production server) I get the
error.

What would be causing this?

What's odd is that this was working previously. Could something on the DB
server itself becausing this?

-Darrel

Guest

darrel said:
I'm getting this error:

Arithmetic overflow error converting numeric to data type numeric.

I think the problem is in the sql select statement used in OleDbAdapter

darrel

What's odd is that this was working previously. Could something on the DB
server itself becausing this?

We have two production servers (load balanced).

Initially, they both had this error. While I was trying to fix and test the
code on one of the two servers, the other one started working again.

So, I re-uploaded the same DLL file for our site and now one of our two
production servers runs fine, but the other is still giving me the
arithmetic error. Same code. Two different machines. Any ideas?

I'll be rebooting the bad one at the end of the day hoping that might fix
it.

-Darrel

darrel

I'll be rebooting the bad one at the end of the day hoping that might fix

No reboot necessary. An hour later, they're working again. Any clues as to
what might be going on?

-Darrel

darrel

No reboot necessary. An hour later, they're working again. Any clues as to
what might be going on?

Well, I've narrowed it down to the DB server.

Regardless of the application server, if I query server 1, it works fine, if
I query server 2, it gives me the arithmetic error.

Same code. Same DLL. Just different conection string.

If I run the query directly in each DB, I get the exact same data.

I've checked the tables and all fields are the same datatype as well.

I'm completely stumped.

At this point, it sometimes works, and sometimes doesn't.

-Darrel