Arithmetic Overflow Error When Click 'Last' Page Button

Ross Culver

I get this error whenever a user clicks the 'last' page pager button on my
gridview. Below is the code behind the GridviewPageIndexChange

Dim ProviderCount As Integer = 0, PageNo As Integer = 0, PageCount As
Integer = 0, PageIdx As Integer = 0
Try

ProviderCount = TotalRecords()

PageIdx = Me.gvQuickSearch.PageIndex.ToString

PageNo = PageIdx + 1

PageCount = Me.gvQuickSearch.PageCount

Select Case ProviderCount

Case 0

Me.txtMessage.Text = "There were no providers in the ElephantBridge database
matching your keyword(s). Please double-check your spelling or try other
keywords. You can also use our Advance Search for more search assistance."

Me.txtPageResults.Text = Nothing

Case 1

Me.txtMessage.Text = "There is only " & ProviderCount & " provider in the
ElephantBridge database matching your selections."

Me.txtPageResults.Text = "Page 1 | Providers 1 of 1"

Case 2 To 11

Me.txtMessage.Text = "There are " & ProviderCount & " providers in the
ElephantBridge database matching your keyword(s)."

Me.txtPageResults.Text = "Page " & PageNo & "| Providers 1-" & ProviderCount
& " of " & ProviderCount

Case 11 To 2000

Me.txtMessage.Text = "There are " & ProviderCount & " providers in the
ElephantBridge database matching your keyword(s)."

Select Case PageNo

Case 1

Me.txtPageResults.Text = "Page " & PageNo & "| Providers 1-10 of " &
ProviderCount

Case 2 To PageCount - 1

Me.txtPageResults.Text = "Page " & PageNo & "| Providers " & ((PageNo - 1) *
10) + 1 & "-" & ((PageNo - 1) * 10) + 10 & " of " & ProviderCount

Case PageCount

Me.txtPageResults.Text = "Page " & PageCount & "| Providers " &
((PageCount - 1) * 10) + 1 & "-" & ProviderCount & " of " & ProviderCount

End Select

Case Is > 2000

Me.txtMessage.Text = "There are more than 2000 providers in the
ElephantBridge database matching your keyword(s). To narrow your search,
include additional keywords."

Select Case PageNo

Case 1

Me.txtPageResults.Text = "Page " & PageNo & "| Providers 1-10 of 2000"

Case 2 To PageCount - 1

Me.txtPageResults.Text = "Page " & PageNo & "| Providers " & ((PageNo - 1) *
10) + 1 & "-" & ((PageNo - 1) * 10) + 10 & " of 2000"

Case PageCount

Me.txtPageResults.Text = "Page " & PageNo & "| Providers " & ((PageNo - 1) *
10) + 1 & "- 2000 of 2000"

End Select

Case Else

Me.txtMessage.Text = "There were no providers in the ElephantBridge database
matching your keyword(s). Please double-check your spelling or try other
keywords. You can also use our Advance Search for more search assistance."

Me.txtPageResults.Text = Nothing

End Select

At first I thought it was due to a datatype in my formula, but then I noted
that there's no error when I click the 'Next' pager button to page from the
next-to-last page to the last page, which uses the exact same line of code.

I'm sure the problem is with the gridview page index, but why would the
index be any different depending on whether you clicked the 'last' page
button versus the 'next' page button from the next-to-last page?

Thanks,

Ross