array-cam-compile problem

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by menmas, Jul 26, 2007.

  1. menmas

    menmas

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    Aloha!
    Sorry for my english!

    I want to create a cam memory in vhdl.
    I found a code that might helps but i have problem to compile this code in modelsim.

    The Error message is the following:
    "Unknown identifier: ram_array"

    Do i need in modelsim extra parameters (couse of array) to compile the code?

    Also Ive never used arrays in vhdl and I dont know much about it.If anybody could guide my I would appreciate it.

    Here is a part of that code that troubles me
    architecture cam256_a of cam256 is
    type ram_arry is array (0 to 255) of std_logic_vector(7 downto 0);
    signal tag :ram_array;
    signal data :ram_array;
    signal count: integer range 0 to 255;
    begin