  1. Banni

    Banni Guest

    i want to know about some important question for 'o'level

    Banni, Jun 11, 2008

  2. In article <>,
    Banni <> wrote:
    >i want to know about some important question for 'o'level

    If a hen and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half,
    how many eggs can nine hens lay in nine days? Model this problem
    using arrays. Extend the model so that the rates and target hens and
    target days can be input at run time.
    --
    "Every intellectual product must be judged from the point of view
    of the age and the people in which it was produced."

    Walter Roberson, Jun 11, 2008

  3. Banni

    Guest

    On 11 Jun, 08:39, -cnrc.gc.ca (Walter Roberson) wrote:
    > In article <>,
    >
    > Banni <> wrote:
    > >i want to know about some important question for 'o'level

    > If a hen and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half,

    how long will it take a fly in gumboots to wade across a barrel of
    treacle?

    (Well that's how my father always phrased the question...)

    , Jun 11, 2008
  4. Banni

    santosh Guest

    <http://c-faq.com/aryptr/index.html>

    santosh, Jun 11, 2008
  5. Richard Heathfield <> writes:
    > said:
    >> On 11 Jun, 08:39, -cnrc.gc.ca (Walter Roberson) wrote:
    >>> In article
    >>> <>,

    >>> If a hen and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half,

    >> how long will it take a fly in gumboots to wade across a barrel of
    >> treacle?

    > A fly can only be in one gumboot or the other, and can't wade across
    > a barrel of treacle, either because it isn't strong enough to lift
    > the boot or because the treacle has flooded in and ensnared the fly.

    The gumboots are very small, and the fly is wearing 6 of them.

    Nokia

    Keith Thompson, Jun 11, 2008
  6. In article <>,
    Keith Thompson <> wrote:

    >The gumboots are very small, and the fly is wearing 6 of them.

    What if it is a hithoraxoid ?? Validate your input!!
    --
    "There are some ideas so wrong that only a very intelligent person
    could believe in them." -- George Orwell

    Walter Roberson, Jun 11, 2008
  7. -cnrc.gc.ca (Walter Roberson) writes:
    > In article <>,
    > Keith Thompson <> wrote:
    >
    >>The gumboots are very small, and the fly is wearing 6 of them.

    > What if it is a hithoraxoid ?? Validate your input!!

    Surely a hithoraxoid can still wear 6 gumboots.

    (I googled the word. There was only one hit.)

    Nokia

    Keith Thompson, Jun 11, 2008