Array puzzle

Lasse Edsvik

Hello

I was wondering if you guys could help me solve this one:

I have an array that looks like this:

a(1) = "A"
a(2) = "B"
a(3) = "C"
a(4) = "D"
a(5) = "E"

And i would like to "switch" positions, i.e move A to a(4) like this:

a(1) = "B"
a(2) = "C"
a(3) = "D"
a(4) = "A"
a(5) = "E"

is that possible to do? moving values around?

/Lasse

Gérard Leclercq

if you want to pick a number randomly see RANDOMIZE

lets say the nr = 4

tmp=a(1)

For x = 1 to nr-1
a(x)=a(x+1)
Next

a(nr)=tmp

or something like that NOT TESTED

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

You'd have to create a copy of the array and then rewrite the values as you
like. I don't really see a pattern to how you want the values changed, so
if they're just arbitrary changes, code could look like this:

(Note that arrays or 0-based in VB Script)

Dim a()
ReDim a(4)
Dim b ''variant, and no ()
a(0) = "A"