arrays incomplete function call

Rod Pemberton

Richard Heathfield said:
Rod Pemberton said:

I like to retain sufficient context for people to be reminded of the subject
of discussion.

No, you didn't, firstly because all you had access to was your *copy* of my
text,

Ditto, in regards to my statements.
and you can edit that until you're blue in the face without making
the slightest difference to any kind of argument I might have made,

Ditto, in regards to my statements.
and
secondly because I wasn't providing an argument, merely a slightly
different perspective on rights and obligations.

Ditto, in regards to my statements. Unfortuantely, your anger seems to be
intefering with your comprehension.
Seems like you're determined to be unpleasant. Oh well - have a great life
anyway. Bye for now.

Ditto. It's a very accurate description of your replies to me.

Rod Pemberton

Keith Thompson

Rod Pemberton said:
I haven't seen anything from you since I pointed out you plagiarized Michal
Necasek. Glad to see you got some balls back kid. Do you actually intend
on posting something original?

And, if you want to be taken seriously, you should wait at least five years
before plagiarizing the posts of others. If you intend to plagiarize
something I've read within such a time period. I'll call you on it again.

Rod Pemberton

Since Martin Ambuhl seems to have plonked Rod Pemberton, he probably
won't see this Rod's article.

The orginal accusation was in a discussion in comp.os.msdos.djgpp last
November, subject "printf() doesn't print long long intege, maybe
RHIDE problem".

Martin's response is at
<http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.msdos.djgpp/msg/a2bc076099aaa67c?hl=en&>:

] Rod Pemberton wrote:
] > (I'll ignore the fact that your logic is an almost word for word
] > "rehash" of Michal Necasek's in other conversations on
] > openwatcom.users.c_cpp... Did you copy? tsk,tsk...)
]
]
] I will not ignore your innuendos about my intellectual honesty. For
] what it's worth, I have never before heard of Michal Necasek or
] openwatcom.user.c_cpp. Tsk, tsk on your attempt to trash me with no
] evidence. Goodbye.,
] *PLONK*

I've read that entire thread, and I see no basis for Rod Pemberton's
accusation. Martin has specifically denied it, and I for one see no
reason to doubt Martin's word on this matter.

Martin Ambuhl

Rod Pemberton wrote, responding to my posting
I haven't seen anything from you since I pointed out you plagiarized Michal
Necasek. Glad to see you got some balls back kid. Do you actually intend
on posting something original?

You mean your completely unfounded claim that I plagiarized from a
newsgroup that I never visit written by someone I had never heard of?
I'm glad to see that you continue to be a complete asshole.

All this little episode proves is that I made a mistake in removing your
despicable self from my killfile.

CBFalconer

Martin said:
Rod Pemberton wrote, responding to my posting

You mean your completely unfounded claim that I plagiarized from a
newsgroup that I never visit written by someone I had never heard
of? I'm glad to see that you continue to be a complete asshole.

All this little episode proves is that I made a mistake in
removing your despicable self from my killfile.

Ah, I was not the only one making that mistake. At least I only
disabled the PLONK, so restoration was easy.

Default User

Martin said:
Rod Pemberton wrote, responding to my posting

You mean your completely unfounded claim

Just killfile the troll. That way no one has to see his blithering.

Brian

Richard Bos

No one has any right to expect anything from me.

Yes, we do. We don't have the right to _demand_ anything, but we do have
the right to _expect_ reasonable behaviour. We also all have the right
to draw the necessary conclusions.
You haven't posted anything except "non-topical" criticisms of others
for months. I have yet to see a C related post from you.

Ah, well, if you _will_ only read replies to your own posts, it's no
wonder you get strange ideas about this newsgroup.

Richard

Mark McIntyre

I haven't seen anything from you since I pointed out you plagiarized Michal
Necasek.

You must have accidentally killfiled him then, he's been posting here
actively. BTW did you actually have evidence of this alleged
plagiarism, or was it merely another of your assertions?
And, if you want to be taken seriously, you should wait at least five years
before plagiarizing the posts of others. If you intend to plagiarize
something I've read within such a time period. I'll call you on it again.

And if you want to be taken seriously, stop being a complete jerk.
Your choice.
Mark McIntyre

Jordan Abel

I haven't seen anything from you since I pointed out you plagiarized Michal
Necasek. Glad to see you got some balls back kid. Do you actually intend
on posting something original?

And, if you want to be taken seriously, you should wait at least five years
before plagiarizing the posts of others. If you intend to plagiarize
something I've read within such a time period. I'll call you on it again.

For those of us who haven't seen the argument in question, can you post
google groups links for his message and Michal Necasek's message he
allegedly plagiarized?

Keith Thompson

Jordan Abel said:
For those of us who haven't seen the argument in question, can you post
google groups links for his message and Michal Necasek's message he
allegedly plagiarized?

I already posted a link to Martin's response. You can find the rest
of the thread containing Rod Pemberton's accusation from there.
Michal Necasek's message is unavailable; Google doesn't archive the
newsgroup to which it was allegedly posted.

As I've already mentioned, there appears to be no real basis for Rod
Pemberton's accusation. If he want's to post some evidence, he can do
so; failing that, I see no point in pursuing this further. If you use
a killfile, I suggest applying it; I don't use a killfile, so I'll
post in the unlikely event that anything substantive shows up.

Let's stop feeding the troll (and let there be no doubt that I'm
referring to RP).

CBFalconer

Jordan said:
.... snip ...

For those of us who haven't seen the argument in question, can you
post google groups links for his message and Michal Necasek's
message he allegedly plagiarized?

No. See below.

--

+-------------------+ .:\:\:/:/:.
+-------------------+ / \
| | @@@ / /|,,,,,|\ \
| | @@@ /_// /^\ \\_\
@x@@x@ | | |/ WW( ( ) )WW
\||||/ | | \| __\,,\ /,,/__
\||/ | | | jgs (______Y______)
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

fix (vb.): 1. to paper over, obscure, hide from public view; 2.
to work around, in a way that produces unintended consequences
that are worse than the original problem. Usage: "Windows ME
fixes many of the shortcomings of Windows 98 SE". - Hutchison

Rod Pemberton

Mark McIntyre said:
Looking in the mirror again Rod.

To other NG's, I'm at 100%. Here, I'm at 60/40%. But, CBFalconer hasn't
contributed anything to any newsgroup anywhere. He's indexed as having 293
PLONK's on Google. He's a hardcore TROLL. Martin Ambuhl by comparison has
93 PLONK's.

Rod Pemberton

Old Wolf

Rod said:
You contribute nothing to this or any of the other dozen newsgroups you
spam. Troll Plonk.

The only thing I've ever seen you write on this NG is criticism
of other posters. I'd appreciate it if you restrict your posting
to answering people's questions about the C language.

CBFalconer