Article on creating cross-browser pages

Arne

Once said:
I rather lost faith in that article when I got to the comment "uses the
value of the new title attribute rather than the deprecated alt
attribute".

Wierd way to write it, but I'll would guess they mean that "alt" is
deprecated as used as tooltip, even if it never was valid (but used)
for that purpose.

dingbat

"Deprecated" has a formal meaning, and alt doesn't carry it.

Nor is alt even remotely deprecated - it's as important now as it ever
was, there's just something extra to think about too (for the last 8
years anyway).

Someone who doesn't just "get" these issues shouldn't be writing about
web technology (we've already got plenty of bad references) and IBM
devworks shouldn't be asking them to.