    <http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/web/library/wa-ie2mozgd/>

    This was posted on slashdot today.

    data64
    data64, Jul 28, 2005

  2. data64

    Guest

    data64 wrote:
    > Nice article from IBM about differences between IE and Mozilla.
    > <http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/web/library/wa-ie2mozgd/>

    I rather lost faith in that article when I got to the comment "uses the
    value of the new title attribute rather than the deprecated alt
    attribute".
    , Jul 28, 2005

  3. data64

    Arne Guest

    Once upon a time ** wrote:

    > data64 wrote:
    >> Nice article from IBM about differences between IE and Mozilla.
    >> <http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/web/library/wa-ie2mozgd/>

    > I rather lost faith in that article when I got to the comment "uses the
    > value of the new title attribute rather than the deprecated alt
    > attribute".

    Wierd way to write it, but I'll would guess they mean that "alt" is
    deprecated as used as tooltip, even if it never was valid (but used)
    for that purpose.

    --
    /Arne
    My "widget" site: http://hem.bredband.net/arnel/
    Arne, Jul 28, 2005
  4. data64

    Guest

    "Deprecated" has a formal meaning, and alt doesn't carry it.

    Nor is alt even remotely deprecated - it's as important now as it ever
    was, there's just something extra to think about too (for the last 8
    years anyway).

    Someone who doesn't just "get" these issues shouldn't be writing about
    web technology (we've already got plenty of bad references) and IBM
    devworks shouldn't be asking them to.
    , Jul 28, 2005