    a mere fad after all.

    Cheers,
    Hal
    Hal Fulton, Jul 26, 2007

  2. Hal Fulton

    Robert Dober Guest

    On 7/26/07, Hal Fulton <> wrote:
    > You may or may not find this article interesting or
    > entertaining.
    >
    > http://www.cio.com/article/125851
    >
    > Beware -- it presupposes the concept that Rails HAS
    > succeeded. It does not attempt to prove this. I have
    > already been taken to task for this once. The article's
    > purpose was to give my opinion of causes that led to
    > the success of Rails, not to discuss whether Rails is
    > a mere fad after all.

    I am by no means qualified to judge that fact, but for what I am
    concerned Rails has had the tremendous success to have made Ruby known
    (even well known in some lucky parts of this world;).

    Cheers
    Robert

    --
    [...] as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    -- Attributed to Albert Einstein
    Robert Dober, Jul 26, 2007

  3. Hal Fulton

    James Britt Guest

    Robert Dober wrote:

    > I am by no means qualified to judge that fact, but for what I am
    > concerned Rails has had the tremendous success to have made Ruby known
    > (even well known in some lucky parts of this world;).

    The flip side is that many people, to their detriment, believe Ruby ==
    Rails.

    --
    James Britt

    "I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's;
    I will not reason and compare; my business is to create."
    - William Blake
    James Britt, Jul 26, 2007
  4. Hal Fulton

    Greg Donald Guest

    On 7/26/07, James Britt <> wrote:
    > The flip side is that many people, to their detriment, believe Ruby ==
    > Rails.

    I can easily beat that :)

    Yesterday I had to explain to a friend that if she bought a .net
    domain name, the site she wanted me to build for her didn't have to be
    built using M$ .net technology. The fact that she had already been
    thinking this was the case for quite some time really shows how
    confused people can become from "news" heard around the 'net.

    --
    Greg Donald
    http://destiney.com/
    Greg Donald, Jul 26, 2007
  5. Hal Fulton

    Guest

    Hi --

    On Fri, 27 Jul 2007, James Herdman wrote:

    > On 7/26/07, Greg Donald <> wrote:
    >>
    >> On 7/26/07, James Britt <> wrote:
    >>> The flip side is that many people, to their detriment, believe Ruby ==
    >>> Rails.

    >> I can easily beat that :)
    >>
    >> Yesterday I had to explain to a friend that if she bought a .net
    >> domain name, the site she wanted me to build for her didn't have to be
    >> built using M$ .net technology. The fact that she had already been
    >> thinking this was the case for quite some time really shows how
    >> confused people can become from "news" heard around the 'net.
    >>

    > Wow. That kind of makes me a little sad inside. It never ceases to amaze
    > me how different the world looks to those of us who aren't so close to
    > technology. It makes one wonder what else they're missing in the world.

    Cheer up :) We all miss out on a lot, whether it's technological or
    not. It can't be otherwise, given how much there is to do and think
    about.

    David

    --
    * Books:
    * Ruby/Rails training
  6. Hal Fulton

    John Joyce Guest

    On Jul 26, 2007, at 4:48 PM, wrote:

    > Hi --
    >
    > On Fri, 27 Jul 2007, James Herdman wrote:

    >>> I can easily beat that :)
    >>>
    >>> Yesterday I had to explain to a friend that if she bought a .net
    >>> domain name, the site she wanted me to build for her didn't have
    >>> to be
    >>> built using M$ .net technology. The fact that she had already been
    >>> thinking this was the case for quite some time really shows how
    >>> confused people can become from "news" heard around the 'net.
    >>>

    >> Wow. That kind of makes me a little sad inside. It never ceases
    >> to amaze
    >> me how different the world looks to those of us who aren't so
    >> close to
    >> technology. It makes one wonder what else they're missing in the
    >> world.

    > Cheer up :) We all miss out on a lot, whether it's technological or
    > not. It can't be otherwise, given how much there is to do and think
    > about.
    >

    > David
    >
    > --
    > * Books:
    > RAILS ROUTING (new! http://www.awprofessional.com/title/0321509242)
    > RUBY FOR RAILS (http://www.manning.com/black)
    > * Ruby/Rails training
    > & consulting: Ruby Power and Light, LLC (http://www.rubypal.com)

    Indeed!
    Think about all the industries and fields you don't know anything
    about...
    now realize how much YOU may be missing in life!
    My degree is in art (painting)! But I find programming and many
    sciences fascinating.
    John Joyce, Jul 27, 2007