Articles on Pros/Cons of Session Object

Doogie

I'm looking for some good reading material on the pros/cons of using
the Session object and was wondering if anyone could point me in the
right direction?

BillE

One issue this article does not mention is that a session may be shared
between tabs in IE7.

I point this out because I inherited an Orders Management web application
which was plagued by incorrect data entries.

This was because users were opening a customer on tab 1, then opening the
application in tab 2 and changing to a different customer so they could
access multiple customers simultaneously. The problem was that the
CustomerID was stored in a session variable which was shared between the
tabs. When the user opened a new customer in tab 2, the session variable
was changed to the new CustomerID. When the user returned to tab 1, the
customer information which was displayed no longer matched the
session("CustomerID") variable. Orders which were intended for customer 1
were actually placed for customer 2.

Bill