Artificial Mind - Part One - Basic Architecture and Cognitive Structure is now available

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by tommak, Oct 5, 2006.

  1. tommak

    tommak Guest

    It's a dream of human beings to build machines that can think and
    behave like human beings. The most important part of of such a machine
    is an artificial mind that can emulate the cognitive processing of
    human mind.

    This book, "Next Generation Artificial Intelligence, Artificial Mind -
    Part One - Basic Architecture and Cognitive Structure" introduces a
    basic artificial mind architecture and computational model for
    cognitive processing. Inside the book, three important cognitive
    process modeling components, mental objects network (MON),
    associative-learning mechanisms and a concept formation principle are
    introduced. Based on the architecture and the computational model, one
    can develop his own model of artificial mind according to his own
    specific requirements.

    The first edition of Artificial Mind - Part One is now available for
    purchase from the author's personal web site. The price of the e-book
    is USD7.00 (seven US dollars). An evaluation edition of this e-book is
    also available for download from the web site.

    The author's personal web site:
    http://www.geocities.com/tomwingmak/
    tommak, Oct 5, 2006

  2. On Thu, 4 Oct 2006, tommak wrote:

    > It's a dream of human beings to build machines that can think and
    > behave like human beings. The most important part of of such a machine
    > is an artificial mind [...]
    > This book, "Next Generation Artificial Intelligence, Artificial Mind -
    > Part One - Basic Architecture and Cognitive Structure" introduces a
    > basic artificial mind architecture and computational model for
    > cognitive processing.

    [...]
    > The first edition of Artificial Mind - Part One is now available for
    > purchase from the author's personal web site. The price of the e-book
    > is USD7.00 (seven US dollars). An evaluation edition of this e-book is
    > also available for download from the web site.

    FYI: The "e-book" (read: Adobe PDF) is a very badly edited, very /very/
    long thesis on something Mak calls "Buddhist Cognitive Theory". It
    contains no tangible implementation of his ideas, mainly because those
    ideas aren't really well thought out in the first place. The thesis
    consists mostly of bulleted lists of things: categorizing objects,
    types of ideas, and so on.
    On the one hand, I suppose interesting results in AI have usually been
    based on crackpot psychological[1] theories (Eliza and (especially) Parry
    come to mind), but on the other hand this looks like a /particularly/
    crackpot theory, /particularly/ poorly expressed, and with no interesting
    and shiny result to show to the audience at the end.

    If it's not worth the three-second download for the "trial version",
    it's certainly not worth spending real money on a licensed (or whatever)
    copy.

    -Arthur

    [1] - Is this redundant? :)
    Arthur J. O'Dwyer, Oct 5, 2006

  3. [ Followups set ]

    tommak <> wrote:
    > It's a dream of human beings to build machines that can think and
    > behave like human beings. The most important part of of such a machine
    > is an artificial mind that can emulate the cognitive processing of
    > human mind.

    How is your article related to Perl (or to Sybase)?

    You have destroyed your credibility with the Newsgroups header.

    People can easily recognize your spam for what it is without
    even following any of the links you provide...

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming
    Tad McClellan, Oct 5, 2006