Artificial Neural Networks recommendation

Discussion in 'Python' started by Gereon Kaiping, Feb 24, 2010.

    Gereon Kaiping, Feb 24, 2010

  2. Gereon Kaiping

    Paul Rudin Guest

    Fann <http://leenissen.dk/fann/> has python bindings.
    Paul Rudin, Feb 24, 2010

  3. On Feb 24, 1:49 pm, Gereon Kaiping <> wrote:
    > - - PyNN (just a builder, requires external simulator) –http://neuralensemble.org/trac/PyNN/
    > - - Con-x (part of pyro) –http://pyrorobotics.org/?page=Conx
    > - - PyNeurGen (includes genetic algorithms) –http://pyneurgen.sourceforge.net/
    > - - ffnet (only fast forward) –http://ffnet.sourceforge.net/
    > - - brian (spiking networks) –http://www.briansimulator.org/
    > - - PyBrain (machine learning) –http://pybrain.org/
    >
    > Can you give me a recommendation or a review on some of these?

    PyNN and Brian are intended more for biologically-realistic neural
    networks (for some value of realistic), aka neuronal networks, so I
    guess you can rule them out (similar tools that you might come across
    are NEST, NEURON, PCSIM).

    Cheers,

    Andrew
    Andrew Davison, Feb 24, 2010
  4. Re: Artificial Neural Networks recommendation wanted

    Gereon Kaiping, Feb 25, 2010