Artima Ruby Buzz

Chad Fowler

In case you haven't seen it, Artima.com has created a new "Buzz"
section, where anyone with a weblog can point Artima at their RSS feeds,
and Artima will create an aggregation of posts in related topics. You
can then use Artima's discussion functionality to leave comments, as
well as having access to an aggregated RSS feed of all items in that topic.

Artima has a "Ruby Buzz"
(http://www.artima.com/buzz/community.jsp?forum=123), so if you're
writing about Ruby on your weblog (which I know some of you are), go
sign up with Artima. As of now, James Britt is the only one who has
signed up, so the Ruby category is looking pretty bare.

Chad

james_b

Chad said:
In case you haven't seen it, Artima.com has created a new "Buzz"
section, where anyone with a weblog can point Artima at their RSS feeds,
and Artima will create an aggregation of posts in related topics. You
can then use Artima's discussion functionality to leave comments, as
well as having access to an aggregated RSS feed of all items in that topic.

Artima has a "Ruby Buzz"
(http://www.artima.com/buzz/community.jsp?forum=123), so if you're
writing about Ruby on your weblog (which I know some of you are), go
sign up with Artima. As of now, James Britt is the only one who has
signed up, so the Ruby category is looking pretty bare.

And what's somewhat disappointing is that Artima only allows one blog
per person per category, so it was a choice between ruby-doc and
rubyxml. Assorted demands have been keeping me from contributing much
to either, but rubyxml has been suffering some code issues (rewriting
the back-end code is one of those assorted demands on my time) so I
opted for ruby-doc.org.

But by all means anybody with a Ruby-related web log should hook up an
Artima account and list a blog.

(Dave Thomas has his blog listed under "Design Buzz"; Artima itself
hosts a number of worthwhile blogs from the likes of Robert C. Martin
and Ward Cunningham: http://www.artima.com/weblogs/index.jsp
It's also featured a multipart interview with Dave and /\ndy.)

James

Aredridel

And what's somewhat disappointing is that Artima only allows one blog
per person per category, so it was a choice between ruby-doc and
rubyxml. Assorted demands have been keeping me from contributing much
to either, but rubyxml has been suffering some code issues (rewriting
the back-end code is one of those assorted demands on my time) so I
opted for ruby-doc.org.

Simple workaround: One RSS file listing entries from two blogs.
Aggregate, then submit, instead of having them do it.
But by all means anybody with a Ruby-related web log should hook up an
Artima account and list a blog.

I have -- my RSS file is hand-updated at the moment, but that will
change as I develop my weblog-in-wiki software.
(Dave Thomas has his blog listed under "Design Buzz"; Artima itself
hosts a number of worthwhile blogs from the likes of Robert C. Martin
and Ward Cunningham: http://www.artima.com/weblogs/index.jsp
It's also featured a multipart interview with Dave and /\ndy.)

Which is excellent, by the way, and I highly suggest reading. I'm on
part 5 of the interview now as I write this.

Ari