"as" keyword woes

Warren DeLano

I still have not
Pythons backwards compatibility policy is available here:
http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0005/

Thank you! Just to end on a more positive note:

As someone who makes a living from Python rather than someone who lives
to make Python, I recognize that there will be ancillary casualties in
every major battle.

Though I may whine incessantly about all of our pre-2.5
log-file/documents being one such casualty (your various accusations
notwithstanding, we did indeed patch our own code as soon as the
deprecation warnings appeared in 2.5!), if the Python 2.6 "as" keyword
break is truly for the greater good, then so be it.

Warren