    Thank you
    --
    Jerry
    Jerry C, Apr 18, 2008

  2. Jerry C

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    Are you sure you don't have the same ascx twice?. You should be able to
    overcome this, by in @Control directive of the UV, giving it
    ClassName="name" where name is something different than the name of your uc
    :)

    --
    Teemu Keiski
    AspInsider, ASP.NET MVP

    Teemu Keiski, Apr 18, 2008

  3. Hi Jerry,

    This error is usually reporting that there are some pages or usercontrols
    that have the same name in the generated assemblies since ASP.NET use a
    dynamic compilation model. For example, you may contains a usercontrol and
    a web page and they have the same name.

    http://forums.codecharge.com/posts.php?post_id=55779

    As Teemu suggested, you can try renaming the ascx control mentioned in the
    error message to see whether that can eliminate the conflicting.

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    .

    ications.

    --------------------

    Steven Cheng [MSFT], Apr 21, 2008
  4. Jerry C

    Jerry C Guest

    Thank you for the replys.

    This error occours only once in a while. If I had duplicate files in the
    directory it would occur every time the site compiles. Also the file name is
    xxx_ascx The underbar is not used anywhere in my code for a name of a control
    or class. this seems to be a framework error. Also If there were duplicate
    names in my code I would have to remove them to get the code to compile. To
    fix this error I have to remove the temp files and then it will compile. So I
    do not think this is a error caused by duplicate file names. Also this
    problem only occurs on one of my servers. The other server used for coding
    and testing work OK. Remember this server can run for weeks before this
    occurs. The link talks about problems that ocur every time the code is
    compiled this is not the case here. Deleting the temp files clears the error
    and the code compiles and runs OK.

    Thank you
    --
    Jerry

    Jerry C, Apr 21, 2008
  5. Jerry C

    Jerry C Guest

    Here is another post about the temp dir.
    These users have the same problem. It is not duplicate files
    My understanding of what you mean by duplicate files is a two files
    aaabbb.ascx
    aaabbb.aspx
    I do not have this problem. The files in my app are in alpha order so it
    would be easy to see if it existed. There are no other directories in the app
    that contain that type of file.

    Thank you,
    --
    Jerry

    Jerry C, Apr 21, 2008
  6. Jerry C

    Jerry C Guest

    sorry forgot to put in the page;

    http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=160949

    Thank you
    --
    Jerry

    Jerry C, Apr 21, 2008
  7. Jerry C

    Jerry C Guest

    I tried the suggestion to put in a ClassName= in the <%@ Control section of
    the ascx file. This seemed to work. But when I deployed it then the next ascx
    file in the app had the error. so after several rounds of this I just put the
    ClassName in every ascx in the app and this worked.

    So how is it I can have about a 100 duplicate ascx and aspx files in the
    app and don't know it and not beable to find them. and why is only a problem
    in one server of 5 and why has this just now become a problem after three
    years ??? The control section and the class name of the code behind is
    created by the development environment if it needs the CLassName= then why
    does it not put it in. I think there is something else here and I think I
    need to know that is is. I don't want this to happen at the customers sites.

    Thank you,
    --
    Jerry

    Jerry C, Apr 21, 2008
  8. Jerry C

    Lloyd Sheen Guest

    "Jerry C" <> wrote in message
> [...]
    >> follow
    >> professional working with you may need further investigation to reach the
    >> most efficient resolution. The offering is not appropriate for situations
    >> project analysis and dump analysis issues. Issues of this nature are best
    >> handled working with a dedicated Microsoft Support Engineer by contacting
    >> http://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions/support/default.aspx.
    >> rights.
    >>

    >> --------------------
    >> >From: =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnkgQw==?= <>
    >> >Subject: ascx is ambiguous in the namespace ASP
    >> >Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 11:11:02 -0700

    >> >I have a machine Windows Server 2003 using IIS 6.0 and I am getting the

    >> error
    >> >
    >> >BC30560 prjob_ascx is ambiguous in the namespace ASP
    >> >
    >> >I found a fix. Deleting all the files in the
    >> >C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files

    I have exactly the same problem. There are no identical names, nothing even
    close. It only happens when I change an ascx file. It will happen if I use
    F5. If I then use the Start Debugging arrow on the toolbar it will start
    and the next time not do this. I think it must have something to do with
    the temp files.

    LS
    Lloyd Sheen, Apr 21, 2008
  9. Jerry C

    Jerry C Guest

    Lloyd,

    See my last post. Put in the ClassName="classname" in the <%@ Control
    section of the ascx file and see if that works. This has been a problem for a
    while and now it seems to be getting worse must be some sort of update from
    microsoft.

    --
    Jerry

    Jerry C, Apr 21, 2008
  10. Jerry C

    Lloyd Sheen Guest

    "Jerry C" <> wrote in message
    > Lloyd,
    >
    > See my last post. Put in the ClassName="classname" in the <%@ Control
    > section of the ascx file and see if that works. This has been a problem
    > for a
    > while and now it seems to be getting worse must be some sort of update
    > from
    > microsoft.
    >
    > --
    > Jerry
    >

    > "Lloyd Sheen" wrote:
    >

    >> "Jerry C" <> wrote in message
    >> >I tried the suggestion to put in a ClassName= in the <%@ Control
    >> >section
    >> >of
    >> > the ascx file. This seemed to work. But when I deployed it then the
    >> > next
    >> > ascx
    >> > file in the app had the error. so after several rounds of this I just
    >> > put
    >> > the
    >> > ClassName in every ascx in the app and this worked.
    >> >
    >> > So how is it I can have about a 100 duplicate ascx and aspx files in
    >> > the
    >> > app and don't know it and not beable to find them. and why is only a
    >> > problem
    >> > in one server of 5 and why has this just now become a problem after
    >> > three
    >> > years ??? The control section and the class name of the code behind is
    >> > created by the development environment if it needs the CLassName= then
    >> > why
    >> > does it not put it in. I think there is something else here and I think
    >> > need to know that is is. I don't want this to happen at the customers
    >> > sites.
    >> >
    >> > Thank you,
    >> > --
    >> > Jerry

    >> I have exactly the same problem. There are no identical names, nothing
    >> even
    >> close. It only happens when I change an ascx file. It will happen if I
    >> use
    >> F5. If I then use the Start Debugging arrow on the toolbar it will start
    >> and the next time not do this. I think it must have something to do with
    >> the temp files.
    >>
    >> LS

    thanks I will check that out.

    LS
    Lloyd Sheen, Apr 21, 2008
  11. Jerry C

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    Duplicate could also mean here that you have same ascx file in multiple
    subfolders.

    subfolder1\myuc.ascx
    subfolder2\myuc.ascx

    If ASP.NET thinks for some reason that they might end up in same
    assembly(for example pages in same directory, referencing UC's from
    different directories --> pages are compiled into same assembly), end result
    is that they would be ambiguous. In practise you woukldn't really duplicate
    UCs like this, without a good reason...

    I've seen this starting in ASP.NET 1.x and using ClassName attribute helps
    with no exception as it forces ASP.NET to compile the dynamic UC type with
    different name.

    Teemu Keiski, Apr 21, 2008
  12. Hi Jerry,

    As Teemu has mentioned, the duplicated name here may also be caused by two
    page/user control in differetn folder hierarchy that have the same file
    name. ASP.NET use dynamic compilation and will batch compile multiple
    page/ascx controls by default. When you haven't explicitly specify a
    ClassName( in the directive), if will generate dynamic class depend on file
    name. And if runtime try batch compiling two of such controls or pages,
    potential naming confliction occurs. The reason why the problem ocassionaly
    occurs is that batch compile is not always using the same strategy to
    group page or usercontrol together, for most time, the two problem items
    may not be compiled into the same assmebly, then no error will occur.

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    .

    ications.

    --------------------
    >From: =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnkgQw==?= <>

    <>

    Steven Cheng [MSFT], Apr 22, 2008
  13. Jerry C

    Jerry C Guest

    TeemU, Steven

    Thank you for your replys.

    So far the ClassName has worked.

    But, I do not have subfolders there are no duplicate names in page/control
    files in the application. I can search the directory structure and get only
    one hit per file name without the extention. This is some other problem.
    There are a lot of posts about this problem and everybody with the problem
    can't be mistaken about this. There are some theories about the compiler
    renaming the control xxxxx_ascx and also the class xxxxx_ascx and causing
    this problem, the ClassName solves this.

    Any way the ClassName solved the problem and I will put it in all controls I
    create.

    Thank you for your help

    --
    Jerry

    Jerry C, Apr 22, 2008
  14. Jerry C

    Jerry C Guest

    The problem is back:
    This time the ambiguous is now xxxxxx without the _ascx.

    I found another post:
    http://personalinertia.blogspot.com/2007/06/there-bug-in-compiler.html

    Notice the word BUG. I hope this works.

    Thank you
    --
    Jerry

    Jerry C, Apr 24, 2008
  15. Hi Jerry,

    Is it possible to repro the problem by a simple web project with page and
    usercontrol? If so, I would suggest you submit this problem to our connect
    site:

    http://connect.microsoft.com/feedback/default.aspx?SiteID=210

    the dev engineer will try repro it if it is a definite problem.

    Steven Cheng [MSFT], Apr 29, 2008