    service...

    Thanks
    Jason Shohet
    Jason Shohet, Nov 10, 2003

  2. Re : ASCX strategies

    My Answers inline

    several asp.net apps.
    >How to get reuse out of this...
    >I was thinking of putting the search criteria, and the

    datagrid that
    >displays the results, in an ascx control that can be

    plopped down in any of
    >our apps.

    Perfect

    >1. I'm just not sure about putting a datagrid in an

    ascx -- any minuses to
    >doing this?

    I can't think anything negetiove with this approach.
    Infact this is one of the suggested approaches

    >2. Can an ascx can call a web service (thats where we

    put our ADO stuff --
    >where I would retrieve the ds and send it back to be put

    in the datagrid).
    >I recall trying to do this once a year ago, and it

    couldn't call a
    >service...

    Yes Ascx can call webservice like any other ASP.NET Page

    S Gopikrishna, Nov 11, 2003