ASHX handler using codebehind ?

Bart Adriaanse

As VS.NET is not being very supportive in creating a ASHX http handler, i
would like to use a codebehind VB file as to get intellisense features etc
on it's code.

I just cannot get ashx to work with codebehind, the only reference claiming
it can be done i could find in google is this:

http://weblogs.asp.net/kdente/posts/10622.aspx

I tried using the class name as suggested, to no avail...

Does anyone know of a code example of a ashx using codebehind ?

Thanx,

Bart

Bart Adriaanse

I have searched for "webhandler" "httphandler" and a whole bunch of other
related keywords, to no avail...

I wouldn't be posting here if i weren't desperate...

(Well, not realy, the ASHX works fine, as long as the code is in the same
file, it's just that it would be nice to split it)

Bart

Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
in case this helps anyone else, to do this, you Add File (in VS.Net) and select Generic Handler. That will create an ashx file that uses code-behind