Ask for a tool to protect my .pyc file :)

Discussion in 'Python' started by Lily Kakm, May 7, 2005.

  1. Lily Kakm

    Lily Kakm Guest

    when I distribute my software, I will give the users .pyc file (maybe I can
    use py2exe, but I think there's no essential different), because I don't
    like them to know my source code.

    But actually, through .pyc file is not so directly as .py file, but the user
    can also easily guest the detail of the program. Because in the .pyc file,
    the name of the variables are exist.

    I ask you for a tool. Maybe it can hide the name of the variables.

    For example:

    good_node = 100
    bad_node = 500 - good_node

    Using this tool, it can be like this :

    xxxxxxxxxx = 100
    xxxxxxxxxy = 500 - xxxxxxxxxx

    It has the same function, but it can not easily be seen by the users.

    Do you know where to download a tool like this.

    Thank you very much!!

    Lily Kakm, May 7, 2005