Ask for a tools to protect my .pyc file :)

Lily Kakm

I am sorry, may be I have not explain my mind clearly.
But I just want a tool like this : It can change the variable name into
meaningless ones.
I know it will not be safe enough, but I need one.
So I ask for help.
Thank you !!

That's not going to provide you any security. Any competent attacker
won't care what you name the variables.

If you want real security, don't distribute your code. Expose the
critical parts as a web service (or similar) instead.

If you want pretend security, .pycs or py2exe executables are enough.
For example:

good_node = 100
bad_node = 500 - good_node

Using this tool, it can be like this :

xxxxxxxxxx = 100
xxxxxxxxxy = 500 - xxxxxxxxxx

It has the same function, but it can not easily be seen by the users.

Reads just fine to me.
Do you know where to download a tool like this.

You ask an open source software community for a free tool to keep your
source proprietary? High expectations.

--
Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu

-- Richard Harter

Philippe C. Martin

Is it stable ? I tried it a few months ago and it crashed on my code .... I
do not code that badly ;-)

Regards,

Philippe

Dennis Lee Bieber

I am sorry, may be I have not explain my mind clearly.
But I just want a tool like this : It can change the variable name into
meaningless ones.
I know it will not be safe enough, but I need one.
So I ask for help.
Thank you !!
It's called an "editor"... use Find&Replace... <G>

Go through your code, copy each variable name to a spreadsheet,
run some random-hash type function for each name found (make a second
column), then use the column pairs for F&R operations.