Ask for book information

John

Is there any good book about "How C++ compiler works?"
I find that it is helpful to programming if understanding the compiling mechanism.
Thanks.

John

Victor Bazarov

John said:
Is there any good book about "How C++ compiler works?"
I find that it is helpful to programming if understanding the compiling
mechanism.

Well, good for you. I don't find that, but that's just me.

You should probably check out "Inside C++ Object Model" and
any book on compilers. Essentially, all compilers from high-
level languages like C++, do the same thing when translating
from source code form into some kind of internal form, be it
machine code, byte code, meta language, or whatever you can
imagine.

Another way you can learn the inner workings of a compiler is
to get the source to the compiler and analyse it. GCC is the
open source project. Download it and study until you're blue
in the face.

Good luck!

Stuart Gerchick

Is there any good book about "How C++ compiler works?"
I find that it is helpful to programming if understanding the compiling mechanism.
Thanks.

John

There 2 books to read for this

Inside the C++ Object Model by Lippman
The Design and Evolution of C++ by Bjarne Stroustrup

These books will put you in the right direction