    I find that it is helpful to programming if understanding the compiling mechanism.
    Thanks.

    John

    John, Nov 18, 2004

  2. "John" <> wrote...
    > Is there any good book about "How C++ compiler works?"
    > I find that it is helpful to programming if understanding the compiling
    > mechanism.

    Well, good for you. I don't find that, but that's just me.

    You should probably check out "Inside C++ Object Model" and
    any book on compilers. Essentially, all compilers from high-
    level languages like C++, do the same thing when translating
    from source code form into some kind of internal form, be it
    machine code, byte code, meta language, or whatever you can
    imagine.

    Another way you can learn the inner workings of a compiler is
    to get the source to the compiler and analyse it. GCC is the
    open source project. Download it and study until you're blue
    in the face.

    Good luck!

    Victor Bazarov, Nov 18, 2004

  3. (John) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Is there any good book about "How C++ compiler works?"
    > I find that it is helpful to programming if understanding the compiling mechanism.
    > Thanks.
    >
    > John

    There 2 books to read for this

    Inside the C++ Object Model by Lippman
    The Design and Evolution of C++ by Bjarne Stroustrup

    These books will put you in the right direction

    Stuart Gerchick, Nov 18, 2004