    But they are lacking of good code standard, design skills & OOP
    programming experience in C .
    Is there a good book can fullfill the needs of it?

    Readon Shaw, Nov 13, 2006

  2. Readon Shaw wrote:
    > I was finding a book for the C programmer with basic knowledge.
    > But they are lacking of good code standard, design skills & OOP
    > programming experience in C .
    > Is there a good book can fullfill the needs of it?

    Ask yourself the question, is ISO C an object-oriented language?

    Software design is hardly a basic subject. Start with learning the
    language before going down that path. Code standards you will pick up
    with experience, though many good introductory C books touch on that
    subject.

    Book shortlist: <http://c-faq.com/sx2/index.html>

    Clever Monkey, Nov 13, 2006

  3. Readon Shaw

    Marco Guest

    Readon Shaw wrote:
    > I was finding a book for the C programmer with basic knowledge.
    > But they are lacking of good code standard, design skills & OOP
    > programming experience in C .
    > Is there a good book can fullfill the needs of it?

    Don't buy a general C book, there are enough free online tutorials
    for that.

    Get "The Practice Of Programming" book

    http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/tpop/

    This will help with what you mention.

    Marco, Nov 13, 2006
  4. Marco <> wrote:

    > Don't buy a general C book, there are enough free online tutorials
    > for that.

    IMO that is poor advice. A well-chosen C book is likely to be far
    more useful than any possible online tutorial, both in correctness and
    in depth of material.

    Christopher Benson-Manica, Nov 15, 2006