    the Experts page (http://java.sun.com/developer/community/askxprt/)
    starting January 21.

    , Jan 14, 2008

  2. Lew Guest

    wrote:
    > Are you developing or deploying Java SE applications in the Solaris
    > Operating System? Do you have a question about Java SE technology in
    > Solaris? Post it during this session during the week of January 21 and
    > get answers from experts at Sun Microsystems who have lots of
    > experience with the intersection of Java SE and Solaris.
    >
    > You can start posting your questions on the Sun Developer Network Ask
    > the Experts page (http://java.sun.com/developer/community/askxprt/)
    > starting January 21.

    Surely you do not work for Sun? I have never known Sun to spam the newsgroups
    in this fashion.

    Are you saying that this "Ask the Experts" thingie is running only January 21
    through the 27th?

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Jan 15, 2008

  3. Re: Ask the Experts: Developing and Deploying Java SE-BasedApplications in Solaris (Jan. 21-25)

    On Jan 15, 1:12 pm, Lew <> wrote:
    > Surely you do not work for Sun?  I have never known Sun to spam the newsgroups
    > in this fashion.

    The OP's profile at Google suggests they have
    made previous posts along the same lines (about
    the tech. talks) over the last year. The posts
    seem to be well targeted (e.g. on-topic to the
    particular group posted).

    I cannot say whether they work for Sun. Though
    I do note that the only two people I know of that
    do(/did) work) for Sun and post(/posted) here,
    made no specific mention of the connection.
    Those people were concentrating on specific
    technical discussions only - no announcements.

    > Are you saying that this "Ask the Experts" thingie is running only January 21
    > through the 27th?

    Seems so. They have a 'rolling topic list',
    and I am guessing they 'prod and poke'
    departments to free some of their tech. folks
    specially for them.

    I saw the answers to one such tech. talk
    (related to JWS) that was invaluable, and
    covered things documented nowhere else (that
    I can find).

    I will be interested to hear the OP's answer
    to your question.

    --
    Andrew T.
    PhySci.org

    Andrew Thompson, Jan 15, 2008
  4. Lew Guest

    Andrew Thompson wrote:
    > On Jan 15, 1:12 pm, Lew <> wrote:
    >> Surely you do not work for Sun? I have never known Sun to spam the newsgroups
    >> in this fashion.

    > The OP's profile at Google suggests they have
    > made previous posts along the same lines (about
    > the tech. talks) over the last year. The posts
    > seem to be well targeted (e.g. on-topic to the
    > particular group posted).

    Don't get me wrong - I think the information about the event is valuable and I
    may well participate.

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Jan 15, 2008