    programming fundamentals and program solving or on good programming
    practices like including comments in programmes and using functions.
    Can anyone help me out there
    Sumit, Mar 5, 2007

  2. Sumit

    user923005 Guest

    On Mar 5, 10:28 am, "Sumit" <> wrote:
    > Hello! I I am new to this group and a beginner in C programming. I
    > want to know that now should I give more importance in learning
    > programming fundamentals and program solving or on good programming
    > practices like including comments in programmes and using functions.
    > Can anyone help me out there

    The most important thing for a new beginner is to learn what is
    correct and what is not correct.
    In other words, learn correctly the rules for the compuer language (in
    this case C).

    After you understand these things, then you need to learn how to write
    clear, effective, portable code.

    After you understand clear, effective portable code, then learn the
    fundamental nature of algorithms. Otherwise, you will not only
    reinvent the wheel, but your wheel will have sharp corners on it and
    fall off when you exceed 18 MPH.

    IMO-YMMV.
    user923005, Mar 5, 2007

  3. Sumit wrote:
    > Hello! I I am new to this group and a beginner in C programming. I
    > want to know that now should I give more importance in learning
    > programming fundamentals and program solving or on good programming
    > practices like including comments in programmes and using functions.
    > Can anyone help me out there

    Yes.

    If you want to code in C you need to know the language, and you also
    need to know something about coding in general. How you weight these
    depends on how you are learning the language.

    Learn by practising your craft. In this case this means learning how to
    create correct programs based on the C standard language. This will
    naturally grow into what "correctness" means.
    Clever Monkey, Mar 5, 2007
  4. "Sumit" <> wrote in
    > Hello! I I am new to this group and a beginner in C programming. I
    > want to know that now should I give more importance in learning
    > programming fundamentals and program solving or on good programming
    > practices like including comments in programmes and using functions.
    > Can anyone help me out there

    You need both.
    When you were learning to write you had to learn how to form the letters,
    how to lay out paragraphs, how to spell and so forth. You also had to learn
    how to set out your ideas effectively.

    Ultimately the fundamentals are more important, setting out the ideas, if
    you like. However it is a lot easier for everyone if you also learn how to
    use a compiler.

    --
    Free games and programming goodies.
    http://www.personal.leeds.ac.uk/~bgy1mm
    Malcolm McLean, Mar 5, 2007
  5. Sumit

    santosh Guest

    Sumit wrote:
    > Hello! I I am new to this group and a beginner in C programming. I
    > want to know that now should I give more importance in learning
    > programming fundamentals and program solving or on good programming
    > practices like including comments in programmes and using functions.
    > Can anyone help me out there

    Since thoughts are expressed in a language, you do need to correctly
    learn at least one language. You can pick up good programming
    practises and algorithms through time by a combination of practise,
    reading good books, participating in expert forums like this one, and
    thinking by yourself.
    santosh, Mar 6, 2007