    Plenty of sites around for that.
    www.cjb.net is quick and painless.
    Only gives you 1mb but hey, it's free.
    Richard, Dec 7, 2004

  2. Richard

    rf Guest

    Richard wrote:

    > This is one of the reasons why I created alt.binaries.html.

    Which news servers carry this? I see google.groups doesn't even carry it.

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Dec 7, 2004

  3. Richard

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Richard wrote:
    > This is one of the reasons why I created alt.binaries.html.
    > Instead of posting to a website, post your html work to the newsgroup.
    > Need free web space?
    > Plenty of sites around for that.
    > www.cjb.net is quick and painless.
    > Only gives you 1mb but hey, it's free.

    My provider doesn't carry binary groups at all. (news.individual.net)

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Dec 7, 2004
  4. Richard

    rf Guest

    SpaceGirl wrote:

    > My provider doesn't carry binary groups at all. (news.individual.net)

    Google carries exactly one alt.binaries group. Guess which one :)

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Dec 7, 2004
  5. Richard

    Jan Faerber Guest

    rf wrote:

    > SpaceGirl wrote:
    >
    >> My provider doesn't carry binary groups at all. (news.individual.net)

    > Google carries exactly one alt.binaries group. Guess which one :)

    'alt.binaries'? - hm - not much traffic: A pic of a dog
    and scsigirl's mp3s ... never thought of posting music to a newsgroup.
    Why not?

    But then 1MB on www.cjb.net won't be very useful.

    --
    Jan

    http://linux.janfaerber.com
    Jan Faerber, Dec 7, 2004
  6. Richard

    Jan Faerber Guest

    rf wrote:

    > Richard wrote:
    >
    >> This is one of the reasons why I created alt.binaries.html.

    > Which news servers carry this? I see google.groups doesn't even carry it.

    Secret St. Claus (X-No-Archive: Yes)
    http://newsguy.com/images/newsguylogo.gif
    is bringing 1MB for each of us on www.cjb.net!!!

    What is that code for?:
    http://www.gamers-choice.cjb.net/
    http://psxunderground.cjb.net/ => http://tinyurl.com/6x6s6
    http://www.freecellular.cjb.net/ => http://tinyurl.com/4to8d
    another spammer:
    http://icq-reklama.cjb.net/ => http://tinyurl.com/6a7rs
    ..
    ..
    ..

    Are there any members on cjb.net with working HPs?

    --
    Jan

    http://linux.janfaerber.com
    Jan Faerber, Dec 7, 2004
  7. Richard

    Neal Guest

    On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 01:13:10 -0600, Richard <Anonymous@127.001> wrote:

    > This is one of the reasons why I created alt.binaries.html.

    Which my newsserver will not carry, as it does not carry binaries.

    > Instead of posting to a website, post your html work to the newsgroup.

    This won't help in cases where the serving of the document causes
    problems. And it still necessitates extra steps. Plus, it's wasteful of
    bandwidth - instead of the visitor accessing the site and those who don't
    care to not having to, the packets go to everyone who reads the message.

    > Need free web space?
    > Plenty of sites around for that.
    > www.cjb.net is quick and painless.
    > Only gives you 1mb but hey, it's free.

    Which makes your point even less supported. As it's easy to get space, why
    bother posting code in any form?
    Neal, Dec 7, 2004
  8. Richard

    Richard Guest

    "Jan Faerber" <jancfaerber_spider@monkey_hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > rf wrote:
    >
    > > SpaceGirl wrote:
    > >
    > >> My provider doesn't carry binary groups at all. (news.individual.net)

    > > Google carries exactly one alt.binaries group. Guess which one :)
    > >

    > 'alt.binaries'? - hm - not much traffic: A pic of a dog
    > and scsigirl's mp3s ... never thought of posting music to a newsgroup.
    > Why not?
    >
    > But then 1MB on www.cjb.net won't be very useful.

    Hey Jan! MP3 newsgroups have been around for years.
    One for just about every type of music there is.

    While 1mb may not be a viable website size, it will accomidate small pages
    that you need to show off and get criticism on.
    Richard, Dec 7, 2004
  9. Richard

    Jan Faerber Guest

    Richard wrote:

    > "Jan Faerber" <jancfaerber_spider@monkey_hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> rf wrote:

    >> > Google carries exactly one alt.binaries group. Guess which one :)
    >> >

    >> 'alt.binaries'? - hm - not much traffic: A pic of a dog
    >> and scsigirl's mp3s ... never thought of posting music to a newsgroup.
    >> Why not?
    >>
    >> But then 1MB on www.cjb.net won't be very useful.

    > Hey Jan! MP3 newsgroups have been around for years.
    > One for just about every type of music there is.

    Hey Richard!
    And how do you save the mp3s? Do you copy the code into an editor?

    > While 1mb may not be a viable website size, it will accomidate small pages
    > that you need to show off and get criticism on.

    I would like to provide the same on my web server.

    --
    Jan

    http://linux.janfaerber.com
    Jan Faerber, Dec 9, 2004