Asking for url's

Richard

This is one of the reasons why I created alt.binaries.html.
Instead of posting to a website, post your html work to the newsgroup.
Need free web space?
Plenty of sites around for that.
www.cjb.net is quick and painless.
Only gives you 1mb but hey, it's free.

SpaceGirl

Richard said:
This is one of the reasons why I created alt.binaries.html.
Instead of posting to a website, post your html work to the newsgroup.
Need free web space?
Plenty of sites around for that.
www.cjb.net is quick and painless.
Only gives you 1mb but hey, it's free.

My provider doesn't carry binary groups at all. (news.individual.net)

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

Jan Faerber

rf said:
Google carries exactly one alt.binaries group. Guess which one :)

'alt.binaries'? - hm - not much traffic: A pic of a dog
and scsigirl's mp3s ... never thought of posting music to a newsgroup.
Why not?

But then 1MB on www.cjb.net won't be very useful.

Jan Faerber

rf said:
Which news servers carry this? I see google.groups doesn't even carry it.

Secret St. Claus (X-No-Archive: Yes)
http://newsguy.com/images/newsguylogo.gif
is bringing 1MB for each of us on www.cjb.net!!!

What is that code for?:
http://www.gamers-choice.cjb.net/
http://psxunderground.cjb.net/ => http://tinyurl.com/6x6s6
http://www.freecellular.cjb.net/ => http://tinyurl.com/4to8d
another spammer:
http://icq-reklama.cjb.net/ => http://tinyurl.com/6a7rs
..
..
..

Are there any members on cjb.net with working HPs?

Neal

This is one of the reasons why I created alt.binaries.html.

Which my newsserver will not carry, as it does not carry binaries.
Instead of posting to a website, post your html work to the newsgroup.

This won't help in cases where the serving of the document causes
problems. And it still necessitates extra steps. Plus, it's wasteful of
bandwidth - instead of the visitor accessing the site and those who don't
care to not having to, the packets go to everyone who reads the message.
Need free web space?
Plenty of sites around for that.
www.cjb.net is quick and painless.
Only gives you 1mb but hey, it's free.

Which makes your point even less supported. As it's easy to get space, why
bother posting code in any form?

Richard

Jan Faerber said:
'alt.binaries'? - hm - not much traffic: A pic of a dog
and scsigirl's mp3s ... never thought of posting music to a newsgroup.
Why not?

But then 1MB on www.cjb.net won't be very useful.

Hey Jan! MP3 newsgroups have been around for years.
One for just about every type of music there is.

While 1mb may not be a viable website size, it will accomidate small pages
that you need to show off and get criticism on.

Jan Faerber

Richard said:
Hey Jan! MP3 newsgroups have been around for years.
One for just about every type of music there is.

Hey Richard!
And how do you save the mp3s? Do you copy the code into an editor?
While 1mb may not be a viable website size, it will accomidate small pages
that you need to show off and get criticism on.

I would like to provide the same on my web server.