askstring => grab failes

wes weston

Guys/Gals,
Does anyone know why a call to tkSimpleDialog.askstring
would result in a grab fail error. The call is from a toplevel
window. The error happens about two thirds of the time! It
doesn't happen at all in other apps. Is it a build issue?

Redhat 9.0
Python 2.3.3

Thanks,
wes

klappnase

wes weston said:
Guys/Gals,
Does anyone know why a call to tkSimpleDialog.askstring
would result in a grab fail error. The call is from a toplevel
window. The error happens about two thirds of the time! It
doesn't happen at all in other apps. Is it a build issue?

Redhat 9.0
Python 2.3.3

Thanks,
wes

I had this same problem (Mandrake9.1, Python2.3.3/Tk8.4.5 as well as
Python2.2.3/Tk8.3.3) that I got error mesages on askstring() dialogs:

TclError: grab failed: window not viewable

Because it happens with both python/Tk versions I don't think it's a
build problem.
Maybe it's a Tk-bug?
It drove me nuts for a while until I wrote my own dialog widget.
Any hints here would be very appreciated.

Regards

Michael