ASP 0105 (0X80004005)

Charles Vaz

Someone coud help me about this message:

Error Type:
Request object, ASP 0105 (0x80004005)
An array index is out of range.
/edit_news_action.asp, line 17

from the code:

set deleteSet = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet")
deleteSet.Open "select * from news order by news_id",_
outpostDB, adOpenDynamic, adLockPessimistic,
adCmdText
p_thisDelete = 1
while not deleteSet.EOF
if cint(deleteSet("news_id")) = _
cint(Request.form("p_delete").item
p_thisDelete)) then

set oldFileObject = _
Server.CreateObject
("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

too many thanks
Charles Vaz

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

I don't believe line 17 has been included, because I don't see anything in
this code that could possibly cause this error.

Ray at

What's the story with this line?
if cint(deleteSet("news_id")) = cint(Request.form("p_delete").item
p_thisDelete)) then

What's the p_thisDelete) doing in there?

Ray at work

Bob Barrows

Charles said:
Someone coud help me about this message:

Error Type:
Request object, ASP 0105 (0x80004005)
An array index is out of range.
/edit_news_action.asp, line 17

from the code:

set deleteSet = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet")
deleteSet.Open "select * from news order by news_id",_
outpostDB, adOpenDynamic, adLockPessimistic,
adCmdText
p_thisDelete = 1
while not deleteSet.EOF
if cint(deleteSet("news_id")) = _
cint(Request.form("p_delete").item

Does Request.form("p_delete") contain an array or collection? What's with
the ".item"? I would imagine that this is what's causing the error. I may be
wrong, but I suspect you meant to type this:

cint(Request.form("p_delete"))

HTH,
Bob Barrows