ASP 0113 again, but only on few machines

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by MacChojnacki@googlemail.com, Jun 28, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hello,

    I have big problems with this errors. In our company we're using an
    application on asp site, which is working with Sql Server 2k. Generally
    it works fine but there are some problems.

    On few computers there is:

    Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'

    Script timed out

    etc.

    I know what this error means, but it seems for me strange because on
    95% computers this application works fine without any problems. But
    there is a few computers on which this error is occuring.all the time
    and these computers have Windows 2k or Windows XP installed, so this is
    not Windows problem. I was looking for similar error for a long time,
    but i haven't found explanation to situation like this. For sure this
    is not because many people try to connect, I think this is something
    with connection with sql server, but have no idea what.

    Please Help!

    Thanks in advance

    Maciej Chojnacki

    , Jun 28, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have big problems with this errors. In our company we're using an
    > application on asp site, which is working with Sql Server 2k.
    > Generally it works fine but there are some problems.
    >
    > On few computers there is:
    >
    > Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'
    >
    > Script timed out
    >
    > etc.
    >
    > I know what this error means, but it seems for me strange because on
    > 95% computers this application works fine without any problems. But
    > there is a few computers on which this error is occuring.all the time
    > and these computers have Windows 2k or Windows XP installed, so this
    > is not Windows problem. I was looking for similar error for a long
    > time, but i haven't found explanation to situation like this. For
    > sure this is not because many people try to connect, I think this is
    > something with connection with sql server, but have no idea what.

    The only way a client machine can contribute to a server-side timeout is
    by supplying data/parameters that cause the timeout to occur.

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jun 28, 2006