ASP 0115 Error - Seagate Crystal 8

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Running, Oct 22, 2003.

  1. Running

    Running Guest

    I read several MS KB articles but none of then helped.

    I have a NT4/IIS4 with an ASP application, Crystal 8 installed and a
    DSN/ODBC poiting to a DB2 database. The database is OK. After a modification
    in the configuration of a ODBC Setting, the related DSN stops working.
    Crystal 8 have a hotfix and a new DLL to solve problems related to modified
    registry settings but both solutions have not solved my problem (see
    http://support.crystaldecisions.com/library/kbase/articles/c2007581.asp and
    http://support.crystaldecisions.com/communityCS/FilesAndUpdates/p2sodbc8.zip
    ..asp )

    Apparently, all DSN Created/Modified after Crystal 8 instalation , suffer
    from problems related to registry permissions.
    I´ve tried to put the IUSR_MACHINE in the Administrators local group, but
    did not solve my problem.

    When a specific ASP page runs, it sows the ASP 0115 error and the entire
    INETINFO services, goes down. After a INETINFO/IIS Admin service restart,
    the other pages back to normal state.

    Some suggeston?

    Other Event Vier Errors:
    Event ID 3 - IISLOG (severals per second)
    Event ID 29 - W3SVC - 0x80080005
    Event ID 37 - W3SVC - root/asp name application

    None documented on crystaldecisions
    Event ID 33000 - Seagate_WebCompServer
    Event ID 34405 - Seagate_WebCompServer - 3300001
    Event ID 34405 - Seagate_WebCompServer - 352071

    Running, Oct 22, 2003

  2. Have you tried to find an OLEDB driver for DB2?

    Check out www.connectionstrings.com. OLEDB is the
    recommended MS conneciton method. I bellieve ODBC is going
    to go away in the not too distant future. Try the OLEDB
    provider and see if you still get the errors.

    FWIW Crystal Decisions tech support recommends ODBC
    drivers, but we have always used the OLEDB drivers with
    our SQL server.

    HTH,
    John

    John Beschler, Oct 22, 2003