ASP 0115

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Balaji, Feb 21, 2007.

  1. Balaji

    Balaji Guest

    Hi All,

    For past 4 years the application is running perfectly (Windows 2003 Server).
    suddenly it throws the error from last month, the error is

    Provider error '80020005'
    Type Mismatch
    \default.asp line 90
    Active Server Pages error Asp '0115'
    Unexpected Error
    \Index.asp
    A trappable error (C0000005) occured in an external object. The Script
    cannot continue running.

    But the same application is working fine in Windows 2000 Professional. the
    error code line is

    cmdRecords.Execute rs,Array(12, Trim(Action), Trim(CustNum),
    Trim(JBPONumber), Trim(BriefDescription), Trim(Manager), Trim(BUD),
    trim(JBITL), Trim(JBIPL), Trim(JBIPM), Trim(LOBM), Trim(IndustryGroup),
    Trim(LOBId), Trim(StartDate), Trim(DeliveryDate), Trim(ActStartDate),
    Trim(ActEndDate), Trim(ProjectStatus), Trim(JBISM), Trim(ProjComp), "" ,
    Trim(ProjModules), "" ,Trim(ProjCustSites), "" ,Trim(UserId), mandays,
    Trim(SalesRep), Trim(IssueNum), Trim(SlNo), Trim(AutoPO)),adExecuteNoRecords

    there is a stored procedure reffered to the cmdRecords. we are using SQL2000
    Server. When i try to insert the record manually by getting the passed values
    through profiler its updating perfectly. After updating the data in the
    database it stay in the execution line.

    Please help me. Advance thanks

    Regards,
    Balaji.

    Balaji, Feb 21, 2007

  2. Balaji wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > For past 4 years the application is running perfectly (Windows 2003
    > Server). suddenly it throws the error from last month, the error is
    >
    > Provider error '80020005'
    > Type Mismatch
    > \default.asp line 90
    > Active Server Pages error Asp '0115'
    > Unexpected Error
    > \Index.asp
    > A trappable error (C0000005) occured in an external object. The Script
    > cannot continue running.
    >
    > But the same application is working fine in Windows 2000
    > Professional. the error code line is
    >
    > cmdRecords.Execute rs,Array(12, Trim(Action), Trim(CustNum),
    > Trim(JBPONumber), Trim(BriefDescription), Trim(Manager), Trim(BUD),
    > trim(JBITL), Trim(JBIPL), Trim(JBIPM), Trim(LOBM),
    > Trim(IndustryGroup), Trim(LOBId), Trim(StartDate),
    > Trim(DeliveryDate), Trim(ActStartDate), Trim(ActEndDate),
    > Trim(ProjectStatus), Trim(JBISM), Trim(ProjComp), "" ,
    > Trim(ProjModules), "" ,Trim(ProjCustSites), "" ,Trim(UserId),
    > mandays, Trim(SalesRep), Trim(IssueNum), Trim(SlNo),
    > Trim(AutoPO)),adExecuteNoRecords
    >
    > there is a stored procedure reffered to the cmdRecords. we are using
    > SQL2000 Server. When i try to insert the record manually by getting
    > the passed values through profiler its updating perfectly. After
    > updating the data in the database it stay in the execution line.
    >
    > Please help me. Advance thanks
    >
    > Regards,
    > Balaji.

    What is "rs"? is it a recordset object? if so, this does not appear to be a
    valid statement.

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"