asp 1.1 datagrid inplace editing, utf-8 code saved as "??" ?

jason

hi,

I have a datagrid in my input form. Using datagrid inplace editing to save
data (chinese characters) entered by user.

It works as expected on my test record.

But, when i started to enter new record, the datagrid textbox.text shows
"??" instead of the chinese character.

The culture setting should be correct because the lable is showing chinese
characters. Only the datagrid textbox.text is returning "???" characters.

Strange thing is that, it works for the first test record, I can edit and
save the chinese character correctly. But not to other records.

Thanks.