ASP 1.1 error...Failed to execute request, App-Domain can't be cre

Guest

I'm running VS 2003/ASP.NET 1.1.4322.0 on XP SP2 All of a sudden I started
to getting...

"Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web
server. Server side-error occurred on sending debug HTTP request.

Make sure the server is operating correctly. Verify there is no syntax
errors in the web.config by doing a debug.start without debugging. You may
also want to refer to the ASP.NET and ATL Server debugging topic in the
online documentation."

Occurs on all apps so I figure it's not the web.config. I then checked the
Application Event log which stated:

"Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created.
Error: 0x80070005 Access is denied."

I'm pulling my hair out! I don't know why it started this afternoon. I've
checked that <machine>/ASPNET account has permissions and I still the
problem. I would appreciate any ideas.

[...]

http://groups.google.com/group/micr...read/thread/d4ec64465d9d1c23/91f513bea28d1bbf

Guest

Alexey,

Thanks, but this didn't help me too much. My error isn't that descriptive.
When I run the app without debugging, I get:

"Server Application Unavailable
The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is
currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser
to retry your request.

Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific
request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server.
Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur"

So I checked the Application log I saw the App-domain error below. I have
impersonate="true" in my web.config and the ASPNET account set to read &
execute on the folder that has my web app files. I just don't know what it
doesn't like.

[...]

The "Server Application Unavailable" error occurs either when ASP.NET
is not properly installed or an application is not created in IIS.
Goto IIS, Website Properties, Home Directory and check Application
Settings. If application is configured, try to Remove and Create
again. If it doesn't help, try to use ASP.NET Development Server
(Project Properties - Web Tab - Servers - Use VS Development Server).

Or try to reinstall ASP.NET

Guest

Alexey,

I tried those suggestions and I still have the issue. In the event log, I
click the link that's listed with my error.

"Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created.
Error: 0x80070005 Access is denied.

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp."

It gives some info on the file:

Event ID: 1088
File Name: aspnet_rc.dll
File Version: 1.1.4322.573
Product Name: Microsoft .NET framework
Product Ver: 1.1.4322.573
Source: ASP.NET 1.1.4322.0

Thinking it was an issue with this .dll, so I tried to re-install the .NET
1.1 SDK/Framework but I get a 1321 error where it states the installer has
insufficient privledges to modify: "C:\program files\microsoft visual studio
..net 2003\sdk\v1.1\Tool Developers Guide\docs\DebugRef.doc"

It doesn't tell me what permissions it needs..just wondering if all this
stuff is related.

For more information, see Help and Support Center athttp://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp."

It gives some info on the file:

Event ID: 1088
File Name: aspnet_rc.dll
File Version: 1.1.4322.573
Product Name: Microsoft .NET framework
Product Ver: 1.1.4322.573
Source: ASP.NET 1.1.4322.0

Thinking it was an issue with this .dll, so I tried to re-install the .NET
1.1 SDK/Framework but I get a 1321 error where it states the installer has
insufficient privledges to modify: "C:\program files\microsoft visual studio
.net 2003\sdk\v1.1\Tool Developers Guide\docs\DebugRef.doc"

It doesn't tell me what permissions it needs..just wondering if all this
stuff is related.

At least you have a problem with permissions.

To fix 1321 error, please, check this

http://www.wmsoftware.com/kb/kb.asp?a=show&ID=33
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;232143

After that, try to reinstall SDK (to check if the problem with
permissions is fixed).

Note, SDK has no ASP.NET, you must (re-)install the .NET Framework
Redistributable Package.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...A6-3647-4070-9F41-A333C6B9181D&displaylang=en

Hope it helps

Guest

Alexey,

I think I found the issue. I have file encryption software installed. When
I decrypted the 3 application folders that were having the issue, the problem
went away. Somehow the ASPNET account was being denied access it. I'm not
sure why the issue started since I've had the encryption software for awhile.

Thanks for your suggestions. Dave.